We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private RV Rental for east coast tour

Canada
Level Contributor
569 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Private RV Rental for east coast tour

Hi

We live in Ottawa and want to tour the east coast - thought it would be fabulous to fly into NB - or the neareast airport - pick up an RV and drive around NB/PEI and NS and if we have the time of course NFLD

We checked with RV companies and they are VERY expensive - any ideas or thoughts

we are looking at travelling in August for 14 days

cheers

Rosie

N.B.
Level Contributor
85 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private RV Rental for east coast tour

I would consider renting a car instead. It will still be expensive, but the costs of renting a RV are prohibitive in this part of the world. Unless you are really married to using an RV on the east coast, it would be more realistic to do a car rental.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private RV Rental for east coast tour

We did a west coast RV rental holiday, years ago when our children were small. My experience from that is that renting an RV, camping, cooking your own meals is every bit as expensive as staying in hotels, renting a car and eating in restaurants... it's just a different kind of experience.

Have you considered just driving your own vehicle from Ottawa instead?

Canada
Level Contributor
569 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private RV Rental for east coast tour

Thank you both for your comments - I think your both right - we have never RV'd before it just sounded fun that was of course until I started looking into the cost of renting. So my new thought is to drive around and stay at hotels and B&B

Really appreciate your comments

Rosie

4. Re: Private RV Rental for east coast tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 20, 2014