We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Richibucto

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Richibucto

Planning on a trip to Richibucto hopefully to do some genealogical research (my greatgrandmother was born there) Would appreciate any tips on how to get there (car, ferry etc) and any other places to stop between there and the US border in Maine. We're coming from Prov, RI. Thanks!

Susan

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
238 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Richibucto

Hi Susan!

From RI to Richibucto, the fastest way is probably by car. Take the I95 all the way up to Houlton, crossing over at Woodstock, NB. Take Hwy 2 across to Moncton, transfer to Hwy 15, then go north along Hwy 11 to Richibucto. I know this involves some backtracking, but my husband and I once took Hwy 1 through St. Andrews/Bangor and found it longer due to speed limits & going through so many towns. His cousin, who lives in NH, likewise always takes the I95 to Woodstock and then down Hwy 2 to get to Sussex because she finds the Interstate faster.

If you want a more interesting way to go, take the Cat across from Portland Maine to Yarmouth, NS. It's 5 hours to cross the Gulf of Maine, after which you can take Hwy 101 north to the Digby Ferry and cross over to St. John, follow Hwy 1 to Moncton, etc.