We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Shopping

Which Winnipeg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Shopping

What grocery stores are in Winnipeg? I would mostly be looking for fresh fruits and vegs.

canada
Level Contributor
7,495 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Shopping

Safeway;

Sobey;

Superstore - extrafood;

Foodfare etc.

From Holiday Towers walking distance would be The Bay's Foodcourt.

Towards U of M to the south, you will come across Price Choppers on Pembina at Stafford, Safeway on Pembina and McGillivray, and Superstaore On Bison nr Pembina. There is another Safeway further south, and then on Saturdays, you can go further south to St Norbet Farmer's Market. For local fresh produce on other days you can go to an outlet in the mall on Pembina at Markham, close to the medical building.

Sometimes you may find better and cheaper fruits and vegs in chinatown stores, but the selections are not as wide.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
308 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Shopping

There's also Organza - the organic market for fresh stuff at "Confusion Corner" (where Pembina, Osborne and Corydon all intersect) - about a 15 min. walk from Holiday Towers or 5 min. drive

Winnipeg, MB
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Shopping

There is also a farmers market at the Red River Exhibition park on the weekends.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Shopping

Does the farmer's market just run on Saturday or is it on Sunday as well?

Also, does Winnipeg have the Save On grocery store? We don't have one in Saskatoon, but I visited one in Edmonton and I really liked it.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Shopping

You could also try Vic's Fruit (and Vegetable) Market on Pembina Hwy just south of Jubilee.

Its got great produce and a nice little deli as well.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery Shopping

Winnipeg does not have a Save On.

canada
Level Contributor
7,495 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery Shopping

You can also find veg and fruits in the Forks market.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
308 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery Shopping

There's also the St. Norbert farmer's market on Saturdays - just south of the U. of M. past the perimeter. -lots of fruit, veggies, meat, home-baking & james,crafts, entertainers, ready-to-eat snacks such as egg rolls, hot dogs, etc.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery Shopping

Thanks to all. I am now in Winnipeg and manage to lose my sense of direction everytime I go downtown - and since the apartment is downtown, I am constantly confused. I did manage to find a Sobeys on Henderson Hwy and it seems like every street has a Safeway or 3.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
308 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grocery Shopping

And virtually every street in Winnipeg has construction right now! Have fun and patience! Hope your daughter's doing well in her program and son is enjoying Mini-U. You managed to be at opposite ends of town for the two of them.

Get answers to your questions about Winnipeg