We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Which Winnipeg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
5 posts
Save Topic
weather

HI i am going to winnipeg at the end of august can anybody tell me what like the weather will be so i know if to pack shorts or do i need wolly jumpers used to the cold as it cold most of the time back hear in glasgow thanks

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
308 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

One never knows what the weather will be like here at that time of year. It could be quite hot mid-20's - 30 C or there could be cold weather like you're used to. Usually, it's between 10 & 20C, so short-sleeved shirts, shorts, long trousers, and jumpers(we call them sweaters) would be suitable. You should also bring a rain-proof jacket. Most of the mosquitoes should be gone by then and it can be a very pleasant time of year. Hope you enjoy yourself and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

YWG/41 miles north...
Level Contributor
379 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Check out weatherbase theyll give you an idea what kind of weather to expect. However, my unoffical forcast is calling for overcast skies a High of 21 Low of 10 with a 40% chance of showers. Winds 20kmh gusting to 30kmh by early evening. I'd pack your wolly jumpers just incase. Cheers.

The Sun is to heat as I am to Truth

scotland
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

hi just want to say thanks for info on the weather i will just pack a few bits of everything and i should be allright

Alberta
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

At the end of August (Unless of course it is Raining) Winnipeg as well as the rest of the Prairies should be still at our "Hot" season. I would pack a little bit of everything. But unless something amazing happens, I would plan on wearing summer clothes.

But yeah, the weather should still be pretty nice. Although the last few years it has been rainy in the Prairies in late August. But the old saying for the Prairies is, "Wait 5 minutes and the weather will be different". So it is really hard to tell what this August should be like.

BTD

Alberta
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

At the end of August (Unless of course it is Raining) Winnipeg as well as the rest of the Prairies should be still at our "Hot" season. I would pack a little bit of everything. But unless something amazing happens, I would plan on wearing summer clothes.

But yeah, the weather should still be pretty nice. Although the last few years it has been rainy in the Prairies in late August. But the old saying for the Prairies is, "Wait 5 minutes and the weather will be different". So it is really hard to tell what this August should be like.

BTD

canada
Level Contributor
7,492 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

By end of August, the daily low (mornings) will be in single digits. There may be snow in Alberta, perhaps Edmonton, but Winnipeg will not see frost till mid-September. Don't worry about humidity, this is more akin to Edinburgh and St Andrews rather than Glasgow. It is better to have a windbreaker/ Mackintosh than just woollies which cannot stop the penetrating nor'westerley at Portage and Main (that notorius junction). You might still have a chance to wear shorts or kilt during the day, and if you don't bring midgies here we will call off the skeeters. The reason we speak like this is that the daily fluctuation can be 20 degrees Celcius. If it rained and followed by 3 days of over 25, a new generation of zero-fighters may emerge.

Enjoy our warm sunshine during your fortnight here.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

Snow in Edmonton in August? Yeah right, you've obviously never been there. I've been to Whitehorse in August and its 20 degrees.

Get answers to your questions about Winnipeg