We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet friendly beach?

Which Winnipeg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Pet friendly beach?

Hello all. Does anyone know of a pet friendly beach we could take our dog to? Anywhere within an hour or so from Winnipeg? Thanks.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
573 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet friendly beach?

If you are talking a daytime visit, the pet-friendly beaches are few and far between. Some of them (Grand, Victoria, Albert, etc.) are posted no dogs between 10 AM and 8PM.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
5 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet friendly beach?

Gimli doesn't allow pets on the beach (sand) - but there is a walkway and grassy area you could use.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,466 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet friendly beach?

I agree with Gimli as beening a good choice.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
368 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet friendly beach?

If you are just going for your pooch try the Kilcona off-peash dog park. I've had my dog there many times and there are a lot of nice ponds they can cool off in..

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet friendly beach?

That water is toxic many dogs getting sick from it. That is why there are signs not to go in the water.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,810 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pet friendly beach?

A little further than you want but Hecla Provincial Park has "Sunset Beach" where dogs are allowed.

7. Re: Pet friendly beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Winnipeg