We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Best Burger in Winnipeg

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
The Best Burger in Winnipeg

Okay, so I am a transplanted Winnipegger who will be back in town for my cousin's wedding in mid August.

My husband and I are coming along with a friend of ours who has never been to Winnipeg, and my husband and has told him about the amazing burger places in Winnipeg.

Anyways, I am having a tough time deciding on where to take them now. There are alot of options but I want to pick the best one as I certainkly do not want to disappoint.

So in your opinion where is the best place to get a burger in Winnipeg?

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
674 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Best Burger in Winnipeg

Check out this website: www.bestburger.blogspot.com . There was an article in the Winnipeg Free Press a few years ago rating the various burgers. This website pretty well lists all of the ones people raved about.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
674 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Best Burger in Winnipeg

OOPS - make that www.winnipegburger.blogspot.com

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Best Burger in Winnipeg

Thanks Auntie Mo, but is says that the blog no longer exists from the link you posted, so I am thinking that it must have been pulled?

Edited: 11:58 am, July 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
189 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Best Burger in Winnipeg

Blondie's - 1969 Main St

It's a dumpy place but the burgers are fantastic, They also make burgers all the way from a 1/8 lb to 9 lbs. Yes, you read that correctly. 9lbs.

The other charming thing about this restaurant is that there is the "Soup Nazi" mentality of the owner. You're guaranteed to hear her go off on a customer!

Enjoy.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
674 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Best Burger in Winnipeg

sorry about that - having a bad day - it's www.winnipegburgers.blogspot.com - just google Winnipeg's best burgers and several sites come up

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Best Burger in Winnipeg

Thanks AuntyMo the link works great.

Also thanks to you too Winnipeg Dave, I have never been to Blondie's but have heard about it, that might indeed be the place to try out.

I was thinking DariWip but I think now that Blondie's could be the one. :)

Edited: 4:31 pm, July 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
674 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Best Burger in Winnipeg

If you go to Blondie's make sure you're not starving when you get there. We went one time and were told it would be over an hour to wait for a burger because they have a small grill and could only cook a few at a time.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Best Burger in Winnipeg

Well that's ok, if anyone in my group gets too hungry I guess that 9 pounder will fill em up! lol

..good things come to those who wait, or so they say..... ;)

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
92 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Best Burger in Winnipeg

Hands down the best burger is at VJ's on Main Street across from the VIA train station.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Best Burger in Winnipeg

Yes, VJ's is pretty awesome too, totally I forgot about that place!

Thanks, I am loving all the suggestions, but I'm afraid that I will probably need to go on a major diet after I leave the 'peg now ...lol

I also plan to go to the Bridge Inn for a good old milkshake.....mmmmmmm

Edited: 2:01 pm, August 03, 2010