We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to have breakfast

north wales
13 posts
Save Topic
places to have breakfast

Hi

My family and I are coming to Winnipeg in Oct. We will be staying at the Hilton Suites. I have heard that the breakfast is not very good and expensive. could you please give me any ideas where we could get a good breakfast near by and a rough idea of the cost

Thanks

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
593 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to have breakfast

Will you have a car? If so, there is an Original Pancake House by the mall, Polo Park, which would be about a five minute drive (one of the previous posters said it was a 20 min. walk to that area). That restaurant has been around Winnipeg for a long time and is a favourite Sunday morning spot for many locals. One of their specialties is an apple pancake. They also have other things like bacon and eggs, waffles, etc. It would probably be around $10-!5 per person depending on whether or not you have juice, coffee, etc. with your meal. A different poster also mentioned that there is a Denny's restaurant at the hotel next door to the Hilton. That is a family-style restaurant chain. The price would be similar to the above. Also, don't worry about the taste of water in Winnipeg. We just got a new water-treatment facility up and running a few months ago and the water is wonderful now. You can drink it right out of the tap (hopefully using a glass!!).

north wales
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: places to have breakfast

Yes we will have a car. That sounds great thanks for your help.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
115 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to have breakfast

You are in luck! Check out this blog and you will be well equipped.....

www.breakfastwinnipeg.com.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
74 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to have breakfast

My favorites for breakfast are: Stella's, Falafal House and Cora's. Falafal house on Corydon Avenue is especially busy on weekend mornings. Be patient and be prepared to be kicked out as soon as your done by the owner! The food is terrific at any meal as well.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
74 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to have breakfast

forgot also the Fresh Cafe also on Corydon Avenue.....

north wales
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: places to have breakfast

Thanks for all the suggestions, they are really helpful.

winnipeg
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: places to have breakfast

The Forks has a Pancake House and an excellent Tall Grass Prairie Bakery, along with a wide variety of other ethnic foods. The area is like a giant park, along the rivers, and there is a lot to see and do. It is also an area with no fast traffic.

Enjoy. Prices are reasonable.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: places to have breakfast

Although I now live in Calgary I am originally from Wpg. and still go there alot as my family lives there, and can tell you that J&H restaurant on Portage ave in St. James has a gr8 all day breakfast. What the place lacks in atmosphere it makes up for in the food. If you have a car its not a very far drive from the Hilton Airport, only about 5 kms away.

I go here erverytime I'm in Wpg. for a good brekkie.

http://foodpages.ca/38294?reviewo=1

Edited: 6:41 pm, June 04, 2010
north wales
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: places to have breakfast

Thanks everyone most helpful

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: places to have breakfast

And you have to go to a Sals House (Salisbury House)...it's a Manitoba thing.

Try the red velvet cake! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salisbury_House_(restaurant)

Edited: 3:35 pm, June 23, 2010