We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winnipeg - Manitoba Moose games

Ingatestone, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Winnipeg - Manitoba Moose games

My husband and I are staying in Winnipeg for a couple of days in November, after a trip to Churchill. We really want to go and see a hockey game as we haven't been to one before, and I've found out that the Moose have a couple of home games when we are there.

Could someone please tell me - are tickets easy to buy on the day and would we get decent seats, or am I best to book them in advance (if so, when do tickets usually go on sale). Any recommendations of where is best to sit would be appreciated too!

Mentioned in this post
Winnipeg
Winnipeg
Manitoba, Canada
Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winnipeg - Manitoba Moose games

I am not sure about the Moose specifically, but typically AHL games are not sold out and tickets should be available. However if you want the seats you hope to get you might as well buy them in advance and pick them up at the will call.

I would suggest sitting close to the ice at the ends of the rink or higher up at the middle of the rink.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
308 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winnipeg - Manitoba Moose games

You shouldn't have any trouble buying "walk-up" tickets the day of the game. This is not a major league (National Hockey League - NHL) team. The MTS Centre, where they play, is only a couple of years old and doesn't really have any "bad" seats in it. The previous poster's suggestions of seats are good.I checked on Ticketmaster.ca and they don't appear to have the tickets on sale yet, so keep checking, if you want to secure them before your trip. They have a window where you can pick the tickets up when you're here so you needn't have them mailed to you and possibly not reach you in time. Enjoy your trip - polar bears & hockey - great Canadian icons. It's amazing to me to see the number of people from other countries (here on Tripadvisor)who journey to Churchill to see the Polar bears. I don't know any Canadians personally who have done so. We used to have one in our zoo in Winnipeg, but she just died within the last year and won't be replaced until the enclosure is updated (probably many years away).

Mentioned in this post
Winnipeg
Winnipeg
Manitoba, Canada
Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
386 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winnipeg - Manitoba Moose games

I agree with the other responses regarding the Moose tickets. The MTS Centre where they play is a first rate facility with really no poor seats. The Moose are one step removed from the premier NHL hockey league.

Regarding your Churchill trip - you should find this to be quite amazing. My friend is actually one of the tour guides for a company who does the polar bear tours and while I have not gone, from his comments and pictures the experience is like none other.

Enjoy.

Ingatestone, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winnipeg - Manitoba Moose games

Thanks everyone, that's really helpful.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Winnipeg - Manitoba Moose games

when are you travelling

6. Re: Winnipeg - Manitoba Moose games

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 22, 2010