We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport parking

clearwater, MB
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Airport parking

Need advise Winnipeg airport vallet parking or the fly and park?

Mentioned in this post
Winnipeg Airport
Winnipeg Airport
Winnipeg, Canada
Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,774 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport parking

By park and Fly, I assume you mean the Air Park on Berry.

My last experience there, a few months ago was very negative. I think that partly due to all the construction going on at the airport and partly because they are cheaper than the on site parking, they were very full. So instead of turning people away, the decided to double and triple park. Well the person in the booth signaled to us to park "over there by the wall". So i went to were I thought she meant. Anyway - obviously it was not the right place. So when the van driver came around he literally started yelling and screaming at us that we couldn't leave our car there.... So I had to move it again. To his credit, when we get into the van, he sort of apologized. Anyway, we had to leave them our keys and when we came back our car was elsewhere - pretty much blocked in. So we had to wait as they jockeyed around the cars so we could get out. All in all it was an unpleasant experience - not worth the hassle. Probably the more expensive parking there - indoor is better. And maybe they have got their act together.

The new multi level parking garage at the airport is now open. For long term, they charge is $15.00 a day. Its not a bad facility. You do have to walk a bit to get to the terminal.But its not too bad.

I am not sure about valet parking. There is closer parking but that is short term and quite a bit more expensive. Also because of the construction, the closest lot is no more. The best places to park short term are the ones close to the 4 Points Hotel.

good luck

raquel

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
308 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport parking

I never knew there was valet parking at the airport but I just looked it up. I've only ever self-parked. For a difference of $10/day, I wouldn't have valet parking but it depends on your budget. We used Air Park once but after a long trip, it's kind of a pain to be standing out on the boulevard waiting for their shuttle to show up and if it's cold or snowing or raining...... We did park inside and it was nice not to have to clean the snow off the car when we got back though. I'd probably just go with the long-term self-park in the new parkade for $15/day.

clearwater, MB
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport parking

Hi I did call the airport and got the rates for valet parking. It is 15.00 per day plus a 25.00 valet fee or 75 a week plus 25.00 valet fee. You must bring a cord for plugging your block heater in.

Last time I used the air park the price to park indoors was 19.95. I had the same experience as you mentioned with our car being moved and hard to get out of the parking garage. I think I'll go for the valet and have a warm car to jump into.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport parking

So a week of Valet Parking is $100.00 all in??? Parked at the Self Park for 5 days last week and it was 61.75. Seems to me the valet parking isn't that much more.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport parking

We used the vallet and away for a week, you drive right up to the door of the airport, give them your flight numebr and your cord and they park your vehicle, when you come back they have the car running for you and warming up, because they know what time you are getting in. For a week of parking it wasn't much more than having to park it yourself and walk to a cold car in the winter!

6. Re: Airport parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 17, 2009