We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Winnipeg to Grand Beach?

Which Winnipeg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting from Winnipeg to Grand Beach?

Hello,

I've been an observer on this forum for a few weeks now - it's been a great help in our planning a 7 week long trip across Canada, so thank you! So it's about time for my first post!

Our train gets into Winnipeg mid-afternoon on a Friday and we have to be back there by late-afternoon on the Sunday to travel onwards. As well as seeing a bit of the city, we'd really love to head up to Grand Beach provincial park, either for both nights or just one, as it looks gorgeous!

However, the issue is transport, for we won't have access to a car. Does anyone have any ideas? Are there any buses or water-taxis that go that far from Winnipeg? It appears Greyhound might, but not on Sundays.

If anyone had any tips, ideas or reccommendations, I'd be ever so grateful.

Thanks, Laura

Winnipeg MB Can
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting from Winnipeg to Grand Beach?

Regarding scre comments about Lake of the Woods-both places are lovely destinations. It all depends on what you would like to experience. Grand Beach is a very long stretch of white sandy beach-it takes a couple of hours to walk it. The lake is very wide and feels like the ocean. It reminds my husband and I of our honeymoon at Cape Cod. Lake of the Woods is a collection of smaller lakes set amongst gorgeous forest and rock formations. There are no beaches to walk per se. Most activities are water based-fishing, tubing, canoeing, etc. Both are wonderful-yu pick.