We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5- 6 hours at Winnipeg airport

newcastle UK
Level Contributor
169 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
5- 6 hours at Winnipeg airport

Hi , Can anyone help please ? We have a 5 hour wait at Winnipeg airport - are there hotels on the airport which rent rooms by the hour ? .. or does anyone have information about where to spend 5 hours in comfort peace and quiet ? Is there a nice lounge ?

Thanks for any help you can give me !

Mentioned in this post
Winnipeg Airport
Winnipeg Airport
Winnipeg, Canada
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
484 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5- 6 hours at Winnipeg airport

We have spent time in The Plaza Premium Lounge. It was very quiet and had good food . It also have WIFI access.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
660 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5- 6 hours at Winnipeg airport

I wouldn't think 5 hours is a long time to worry about getting away from "the madding crowds". The Winnipeg airport isn't huge and anytime we've been waiting for a flight, we've been perfectly comfortable. There are several kiosk restaurants where you can grab a snack or meal and one sit-down restaurant. In answer to your question about the airport hotels renting rooms by the hour, there are 3 hotels on site and I don't think any of them would rent by the hour. You have to walk outside to all of them (or take their shuttle vans). That would involve leaving the security area and having to go back through security which you'd also have to factor into your 5 hours.

You could check out inthegarden's suggestion of the Plaza Premium Lounge, but I see it costs $40 for 2 hours.

Mentioned in this post
Winnipeg Airport
Winnipeg Airport
Winnipeg, Canada
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5- 6 hours at Winnipeg airport

Hello firthbay,

You could contact any other the attacked hotels and see what their day rate is for a layover, but for short time, it would probably be quite costly. I had a layover in Vancouver once for 8 hours on my way back from Thailand and rented a room and it was great. It is a personal preference though. The lounge is also a choice or any of the restaurants, have a leisurely meal and then sit in a chair at a cafe or find a comfortable chair in the departure ounces and read a book....?

Hope that helps...

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
4. Re: 5- 6 hours at Winnipeg airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 24, 2018