We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at the Sundial?

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at the Sundial?

We are planning a trip to Whistler (13 & 16 year old kids and parents) next winter and have heard the Sundial 2 bedroom is a nice place. We think it's best to stay right in the Village considering the age of our kids. Any info on the Sundial?

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Sundial?

One thing to think about: the Village can be very noisy late at night when the bars empty out. Village North is a good alternative -- easy access to all the Village activities, but generally much quieter. Before you book anything, check www.alluradirect.com for owner-direct rentals. All sizes and locations of Whistler accommodation are there. You will save money sure.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Sundial?

Thanks. I checked that site and the prices are much better. The Bear Lodge looks nice. Thanks for the tip.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Sundial?

I've stayed at the Sundial twice. I love it! Great rooms, very spacious and right in the heart of the village. It's about as close to Whistler mountain as you can get. The rooms are also very nicely furnished (newly remodeled). I've also stayed at The Westin which is nice too...The Sundial can be less expensive and the rooms are much bigger. I think your kids will like the location - it's not that loud at night. You'll get that anywhere you stay. Plus, your kids can walk around and always be close to the hotel. The Sundial has really nice views too.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Sundial?

Thanks for the info Annie!

Get answers to your questions about Whistler