We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

info trekking end stay in Whistler

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
673 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
info trekking end stay in Whistler

Hello to all

during the period of July shall visit your beautiful country

I would like you to help me to plan my visit to Whistler and surrounding area,

I am a lover of nature and treeking

July 25 start from Anacortes to Whistler or Squamish

July 28 giving birth to Jasper

I have 2 days to visit

I would like suggestions to what Accomodation zone, which trail do you suggest?

how about a

25 arrival in Squamish 1 night

26 visit Shannon Falls Chief

26-28 2 nights in Whistler

27 visit to Black Tusk

you have any other suggestions for accommodation and trail ?

thanks

sorry for my english

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: info trekking end stay in Whistler

Hi toska1

Please do not apologise for your English, it's way better than my Polish ;-)

If I'm reading correctly, you're arriving on 25th July and departing for Jasper on 28th giving you just over 2 days to explore.

Although I've passed through Squamish many times I'm not familiar with accommodation around there, but we do know Whistler really well.

If you can provide details of the standard of accommodation / price budget an dwhether you'd prefer hotels, condos etc we can probably start narrowing down your search.

Do you have your own transport or rental car?

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: info trekking end stay in Whistler

Hi Marie here at Tourism Whistler

Here is a suggested itinerary and ideas:

- July 25 drive from Anacortes to Vancouver (or Whistler) this will take about 3.5 hours plus the border crossing. There is lots to see on the drive and you be driving through Vancouver. I understand you are a lover of nature and trekking, but I would maybe consider 1 night in Vancouver. Lots of amazing things to see in Vancouver for the nature lover - Stanley Park, beaches, Capliano Suspension Bridge, Grouse Mountain.

- Overnight in Vancouver, North Vancouver or Squamish

- July 26 drive to Whistler. Visit Shannon Falls, hike the Chief and short hike to Brandywine Falls. Explore Whistler Village and its great restaurants.

- Overnight in Whistler

- July 27 - hike (subject to snowpack) Black Tusk or take Peak 2 Peak Gondola and hike Blackcomb or Whistler Mountain trails. Peak 2 Peak gondola is open later on Saturday evening for the Mountain Top BBQ. This would be a great way to end the day.

- Overnight in Whistler

- July 28 - drive to Jasper (9 hour drive) I would consider breaking up this journey. Lots to see on this drive!

As for accommodation in Whistler, anywhere close to the Village would be suitable. There is everything ranging from 3 star moderate hotels to the 5 star Four Seasons.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
673 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: info trekking end stay in Whistler

Hi Brian from Scotland

I have a rental car,

with regard to accommodation I would like a clean place with a private bathroom at cheap prices

I am interested in the position to do treeking

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
673 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: info trekking end stay in Whistler

Hi Ask_Tourism_Whistler,

thank you for helpful tips, I think I can follow the route you propose,

we are ready to do 9 hours of travelit is not possible see everything, we give preference to the Mountains Rociose

thanks

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
673 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: info trekking end stay in Whistler

Hi Marie,

could you tell me something more about Mountain Top BBQ, possible to book ?

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: info trekking end stay in Whistler

The Mountain Top BBQ is on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening at the Roundhouse Lodge at the top of Whistler Mountain. It is available from June 28th to September 7th. Dinner is served from 5pm to 7.30pm. The last download on the gondola is 8pm.

The great thing about the BBQ is the ticket includes full access to on-mountain sightseeing for the day and the Peak 2 Peak Gondola.

Therefore you could spend the day or afternoon hiking and head over to the BBQ around 5-6pm before downloading on the Whistler Village gondola at 8pm.

The ticket is $64.95 plus tax for adult. A regular Peak 2 Peak ticket without BBQ is $46.95.

The mountain top BBQ can be booked online or tickets purchased when you are in Whistler.

- Marie at Tourism Whistler

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: info trekking end stay in Whistler

Squamish: Accomodation at Sandman and Days Inn ( I think) or Best Western in Squamish.

If you want to hike the Chief and do Shannon Falls, no problem, you can do this in one day. The Chief is very popular trail, very crowded and very busy. Best to do early in the morning.

Black Tusk: This is an all day hike. 8-10hrs. You will need to start early to complete this hike. I do not recommend you scramble the chimney. This is a free hike, the hikes on Whistler Mountain will cost you.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: info trekking end stay in Whistler

Hi again toska1

There are loads of clean hotels with private bathrooms, but the problem comes with finding cheap places in Whistler.

Of all the years we've been coming to Whistler, we've only ever stayed in the Pan Pacific Village Centre or the last few years in Four Seasons Resort.

The PP is a very good hotel which I'd rate as 4 star and the FS is top of the pile and is a 5 star.

But there are many other places around town which could offer lower prices.

Although it's not in town, our friend has visited us while we're there and stayed at the HI (Hostel International) which I understand is of a very good standard with various types of room and facilities.

9. Re: info trekking end stay in Whistler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 05, 2014