We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Either Pan Pacific or Sundial close to Chateau...

Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is Either Pan Pacific or Sundial close to Chateau...

Not being a skier and having never been to Whistler, I'm having trouble figuring out where the hotels are. My family is doing the Amazing Race family fun half day in Whistler and we start across from the Chateau Whistler. I don't want to stay there, but I do like the prices in July and the looks of the Pan Pacific hotels and the Sundial one. Does anyone know which is closer to the Chateau and if the Chateau is in a central enough location for us to explore Whistler in July just for a day (kids are 9 and 12).

Suggestions welcome!!!

ps. It looks as if the Pan Pacific Village Centre is very well liked, but I'm not sure if it's close or the other Mtside Pan Pacific is closer to the Chateau, or if it matters???

2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Either Pan Pacific or Sundial close to Chateau...

Hello disneygal,

The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is located in what is known as the Upper Village in Whistler. This area is at the base of Blackcomb Mountain. Both the Pan Pacific and the Sundial are located in the main Whistler Village. These two hotels are literally located side by side. If you are with a family, I would suggest the Pan Pacific over the Sundial, only because the Sundial is more of a boutique hotel and the Pan is a little more family forward, with a big pool and very centrally located. You can't miss with either... both right in the heart of the village and access to all the mountain activities.

The distance to the "Family fun Zone" at the base of Blackcomb/Chateau hotel to these other hotels is an approx. 5 minute walk down a lovely pedestrian walk way with a covered bridge and over Fitzsimmons river. It would take you and your family a total of 15 minutes to walk from one end of Whistler village to the other.... it is smaller than Disney California... which I assume from your name, you have been to. It truely does not matter which hotel you stay at... none are really that far from anything else... and if you want to be really laid back... there is a free bus shuttle that runs around the Village every 15 minute.

For great tips on what to do with your kids... check out whistler-blackcomb.com which can give you details on the ski-lift aided downhill biking, bear sightseeing, gondola rides, family bbqs at the top of the mountain, etc. and photos of all the activities at the "Family Fun Zone".

Whistler is great in the summer. I'm sure your kids will find lots to do. Have fun and also check whistler.com for the resort's central reservation hotel info and great summer deals/packages.

See you here!

2. Re: Is Either Pan Pacific or Sundial close to Chateau...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 13, 2009