We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free shuttle between Blackcomb & Whistler?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
910 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Free shuttle between Blackcomb & Whistler?

Hello - I've always thought there was a free shuttle around Whistler and Whistler-Blackcomb. But now I've come to use it for the first time, and started looking for schedule and routes, I can't see any info about a free area or service.

The site I'm look at is here: http://www.transitbc.com/regions/whi/ The fares page says it is $2.50 per ride, no mention of any free routes or ride-free area.

Is there really a free shuttle and if so, where can I find out about where it run and what times?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Whistler Blackcomb
Whistler Blackcomb
3,436 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
New Zealand
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Free shuttle between Blackcomb & Whistler?

We are in Whistler from 18th to 29th April and would like to make use of the shuttle buses. However the Transit website only shows services to the 21st April.

Does anybody know what happens after the 21st April. Maybe there are reduced services, or no services?

Mentioned in this post
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
12. Re: Free shuttle between Blackcomb & Whistler?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:46 pm, February 24, 2014
Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
714 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Free shuttle between Blackcomb & Whistler?

Route 4 Marketplace Shuttle - Loop & Route 5 Upper Village/ Benchlands Shuttle - Loop Whistler Transit Service will stop service on April 21. They just run from Dec 1 to April 21. If you stay at the base of Whistler or Blackcomb you can walk and will not need to worry about taking the shuttle. - Marie

Mentioned in this post
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Free shuttle between Blackcomb & Whistler?

Marie I am totally surprised by your answer about the free Upper Village Shuttle not running after April 21st and only running between Dec 1 and April 21. This bus has been running all year in the past decade. It can't be true they have cancelled that ?!?

They usually change schedule in the spring (as demand is lower until summer time) and run less frequently, but used to run still like 4 times per hour........

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
714 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Free shuttle between Blackcomb & Whistler?

Yes I got my wires crossed - thank you for pointing this out!

Marketplace Shuttle stops on April 21.

Upper Village/Benchlands shuttle does offer service. Transit have not posted the schedule yet.

Sorry for incorrect information.

Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Free shuttle between Blackcomb & Whistler?

Thanks for the update and glad to hear they did not cancel the free Uppervillage shuttle!

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
11 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Free shuttle between Blackcomb & Whistler?

Does everywhere including mountain lunch stops accept credit cards

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
11 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Free shuttle between Blackcomb & Whistler?

Does everywhere including mountain lunch stops accept credit cards as just trying to work out how much cash to take for a 8 day holiday.

Edited: 7:54 am, March 26, 2014
Shropshire, England
Level Contributor
428 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Free shuttle between Blackcomb & Whistler?

Credit cards are accepted everywhere - including the mountain restaurants. We have been visiting Whistler for over ten years and I cannot recall anywhere that has not taken credit cards.

Mentioned in this post
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Chesterfield
Level Contributor
11 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Free shuttle between Blackcomb & Whistler?

Many thanks sea to sky travellerit will mean I can take less cash