We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YVR to Whistler - PCL vs. Ridebooker vs. Perimeter

8 posts
Save Topic
YVR to Whistler - PCL vs. Ridebooker vs. Perimeter

My wife and I are getting real excited about our first trip to Whistler. We arrive (from the states) at YVR on Saturday, Feb. 16th at 1:00 p.m. We are staying at the Aava.

Based on information gathered from this great forum site, we decided to take a shuttle/bus to and from Whistler. It looks like we have three, reasonably priced options....PCL, Ridebooker or Perimeter. I have been on all three websites, but would like some input from people who are familiar with these companies and mode of transportation. Do all of these stop in Vancouver on the way to Whistler? Do any go direct to Vancouver?

The PCL and Perimeter websites indicate departures at 2 and 4 p.m. from YVR. I do not think we can make it through customs for the 2 p.m. departure, so we are looking at 4 P.M. for those two. Ridebooker does not have set schedules, but has a maximum 1-hour guarantee if booked in advance, so we may be looking at a 3 p.m. departure. Can someone please elaborate on the differences in transportation mode for those three options (big bus, little bus, van, rickshaw)?

Which would you choose?

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
702 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: YVR to Whistler - PCL vs. Ridebooker vs. Perimeter

Hi Marie here at Tourism Whistler,

Perimeter Transportation work in partnership with PCL. Therefore if you book a seat on their schedule service you will be on the PCL service. That is why the schedule is exactly the same. Perimeter also does offer private charters and transfers. So therefore there is no difference between Perimeter and PCL.

The 4pm shuttle will stop in Downtown Vancouver to pick up at the following hotels Sheraton Wall Center, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Fairmont Hotel Waterfront & Hyatt Regency (Melville @ Burrard St.). The shuttle is schedule to arrive in Whistler at 7pm.

PCL is a very good service, with modern and very comfortable motor coaches. They will drop you off at the Aava Hotel. Please make sure you book a ticket to Zone 1 for this service.

I am not familiar with the Ridebooker service, so I'll let someone else jump in here and answer that question.

Edited: 5:47 pm, January 30, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,385 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: YVR to Whistler - PCL vs. Ridebooker vs. Perimeter

Ridebooker coach is the PCL coach which is the only coach service out of YVR by licensing arrangement. Ridebooker have a partnership with PCL. PCL's last scheduled departure from YVR seems to be 18h30

Ridebooker shuttle is a fairly large pax van. That one has more flexibiiity with scheduling with more departures than PCL. Also, it seems to be better for late night arrivals, available as late as 23h30.

From their website: You must reserve at least 72 hours (3 days) in advance in order to qualify for the wait time guarantee. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee your departure time if you book inside of 72 hours. However, we do promise to still get you to Whistler as quickly as possible after you arrive at the airport! The 1 hour wait time starts ticking once you have met the Ridebooker company rep at the airport.

Shuttle image, click on the title to the right of new page for write up: http://tinyurl.com/bjtjegv

Coach image: http://tinyurl.com/betdjz3

PCL is comfortable, reliable, professional. It will take 3 hours from the airport, whichever one you choose.

To buy a PCL ticket independently, the kiosk at the airport is just after you come through from picking up your luggage into the meet and greet area. You will see an escalator heading off up to the right just before the sliding glass exit door to the outside. At the foot of this escalator the PCL have their ticket kiosk.

Shropshire, England
Level Contributor
399 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: YVR to Whistler - PCL vs. Ridebooker vs. Perimeter

We have used the Ridebookers shuttle option many times and would recommend this service. The size of the vehicle will be matched to the number of guests travelleing. We have been transported in 8 &12 seater minibuses, small 20 seater coach and full size coach. On all ocassions the service has been friendly and efficient - and I cannot recall having to wait any length of time prior to departure. They will drop you at and pick you up from your accomodation either directly or by smaller vehicle from and to the bus loop in Whistler. Excellent customer service.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
702 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: YVR to Whistler - PCL vs. Ridebooker vs. Perimeter

Hi Marie here at Tourism Whistler

A couple of points on MuftiMax's post. Ridebooker do use PCL but it does not necessarily mean you will be on this service. As SeaToSky pointed out they also use small vans and coaches.

Also I would highly recommend you purchase tickets in advance and not when you arrive at the airport as suggested. You are arriving on a busy weekend and the PCL coach can sell out.

8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: YVR to Whistler - PCL vs. Ridebooker vs. Perimeter

Does Ridebooker stop in Vancouver or do they go straight to Whistler from YVR?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,385 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: YVR to Whistler - PCL vs. Ridebooker vs. Perimeter

Don't know.

Info@ridebooker.com

Shropshire, England
Level Contributor
399 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: YVR to Whistler - PCL vs. Ridebooker vs. Perimeter

You can have a live web chat on ridebooker.com website - they should be able to answer your question.

NJ
Level Contributor
31 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: YVR to Whistler - PCL vs. Ridebooker vs. Perimeter

We took the Ridebooker chartered 10 pax bus last time (2009) and we'll be using it again for our trip back to Whistler in 10 days. We had good service and good driver last time.

8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: YVR to Whistler - PCL vs. Ridebooker vs. Perimeter

Thanks, everyone. I talked to a representative of Ridebooker. He answered all my questions, and I made a reservation with Ridebooker for our trip to Whistler in a couple of weeks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,385 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: YVR to Whistler - PCL vs. Ridebooker vs. Perimeter

Maybe you could let us and future searchers of this topic know what Ridebooker said to your question in post 5?

Glad it worked out.