We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip review Dec 30- Jan 4th

Chilliwack BC
Level Contributor
62 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Trip review Dec 30- Jan 4th

We decided to take a trip to Whistler after our Cancun trip got postponed. My girls and I have been to Whister in the last couple of years for dance competition's but the rest had never been and it had been 20 years for my husband. There were 8 of us. Got 2 rooms at the Fairmont. Loved the convience of arranging rentals right there at the hotel. Signed the kids into snowboard school with Whistler Kids. Wished they did board lessons at Blackcomb but the shuttle was quick and reliable. Husband and oldest son and his girl friend did mostly Blackcomb but John did do the Peak to Peak and loved it. He grew up on the North Shore so this was like breathing for him. The rest had to learn and work at it. Early afternoon 14yr old fell. Whistler kids was great at keeping me informed as they brought her down had a medi van waiting for us and off to the er. ER was great only complaint is that hearing other people who are in pain and crying was very hard and upsetting. She was seen by the dr in under 20 mins, exray'd in the next 10 mins and casted just like that! The Fairmont was amazing and sent a car for us since the shuttle was doing its loop. Really appreciated that as by this point Kaylie was no longer having fun. Got to see the fire and ice show it was fun for the first while then kids were antsy for dinner and it was cold just standing there. Went to the Spaghetti Factory had an ok meal but considering it was NYE and there was 8 of us we were grateful to have somewhere to eat. Next day we mostly chilled at the Hotel they had lots of things for the kids to do and the pool set up there they really enjoyed. We did the horsesleigh ride one evening. Was not worth it maybe better in the day time but all we really saw was some super large mansions and froze our behinds off. Did lunch at the Longhorn very loud but a great place for peolpe watching also when I had to leave after my daughter was injured they were great had our food packed up and bill within seconds. John, the oldest and the youngest (t11yr old wins) did the Coke tube park. They did it for over 2 hours and loved it. That was the highlight for them. Had dinner at 3Below was enjoyable. Had our last meal at El Furniture Warehouse food was good service good and love love the price. Cheapest meal the entire week. All in all a good trip with a few bumps a long the way.

Mentioned in this post
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Whistler Kids
Whistler Kids
183 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,025 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip review Dec 30- Jan 4th

Thanks for posting mamabear! Your trip report will be added to the collection in the Top Questions of the BC Forum.

2. Re: Trip review Dec 30- Jan 4th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 09, 2014