We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve

sussex
Level Contributor
1 post
70 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve

Hi there,

My wife and I are looking for something relaxed to book for New Year's Eve , any recommendations ?

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
787 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve

Here are a couple of links to get you started:

http://m.whistler.ca/nye

…clubzone.com/h1/whistler-new-years-eve-even…

Edited: 6:28 am, December 14, 2012
Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve

If you want more of a "relaxed" atmosphere perhaps one of the hotel lounges after dinner? The Mallard Lounge at the Fairmont, Fifty Two 80 in the Four Seasons or Fire Rock Lounge in the Westin. More quiet than going to a club.

For dinner, many restaurants offer an early (less expensive price) or a late seating which includes party favours and countdown at midnight plus dancing depending on the resturant (more expensive price). You can look up places like Araxi, Bearfoot Bistro, Quattro, Hy's, Edgewater Lodge,

http://www.araxi.com/nye/ (this was 2011's but should give you idea of price)

www.quattrorestaurants.com/eventDetails.php…

bearfootbistro.com/…

…hyssteakhouse.com/newyears/nye2012Whistler.…

www.edgewater-lodge.com/whistler-dining.html

There is of course the fire and ice show at the base of Whistler Mountain and Fireworks at midnight to enjoy as well.

Mentioned in this post
Bearfoot Bistro
Bearfoot Bistro
856 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
654 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Whistler, British...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve

If you want relaxed.... you should probably avoid the village. There are some GREAT spots outside of the main village but I think you will want to book ahead! Bumblebee mentions the Edgewater Lodge which is great.

Other wonderful locations just out of the village:

1) Rim Rock: Anniversary location for the love of my life and I every year. Also our date location if we get a babysitter.

2) Nita Lake Lodge: Classy, gorgeous and lots of fun on NYE I would expect.

Or if you really want to kick your feet up you can drop by our house and hang out with our 4 kids and we'll go to the Rim Rock? Our kids are really relaxing!

Mentioned in this post
Nita Lake Lodge
Nita Lake Lodge
2,060 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,283 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve

I noticed there is a sleigh ride around the Chateau Golf Course followed by a fondue dinner, so it's also possible the restaurant at Nichlaus North may have something as well.

fairmont.com/whistler/…DECEMBER 31

Edited: 8:48 pm, December 14, 2012
Whistler, British...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve

Nicklaus North has a GREAT restaurant. Missed that one... Great idea!

6. Re: New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 18, 2013