We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Honeymoon

orlando
8 posts
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Honeymoon

We are some floridians looking for a cold honeymoon ( I know, we are just sick of the beach:-) with some good skiing the weekend after Thanksgiving/ first weekend of December of this year. Is there usually enough snow to ski? We are also thinking of staying at the Sundial hotel for a few nights and then at the Westin for a few nights. Any advice about those hotels? (location, rooms nice, noise?)

Thanks in advance for all the advice

J & K

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Honeymoon

Early December can be hit or miss....this year it was a hit. Early season dictates that you will have to g high into the alpine to get good snow conditons.

As far as hotels, can't say on these two, but you should be all good. Noise is an issue, it is a resort town and people like to party.

Parts Unkown
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Honeymoon

YOU ROCK GIRL!! If it doesn't work out on the honeymoon, give me a call!!

EJH
Melbourne
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Honeymoon

Sundial is a fantastic property, if you stay here make sure you get a room with your own private jacuzzi!

Westin (in my opinion) is just your typical luxury hotel, you could be anywhere, nothing special, but of course if you like Westin properties im sure you wont be dissapointed.

Considering you are coming during the early season, you might be able to get a good deal on staying at the Four Seasons which is arguably the best place to stay in Whistler! Have a look at pictures and reviews on this website and see which one appeals to you the most!

cheers

Mentioned in this post
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Squamish, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Honeymoon

There is always enough snow for the mountain to open, but like last post says it can be hit or miss as far as quality goes. Sundial is great so is Westin. In the same area is the Pan Pacific which I like best. if I were you I would pick one hotel and stick with it otherwise you waste time checking in and out moving your luggage across the village etc. The location you picked is the very best and noise is not too bad either, it can get quieter but then you are out in the woods. rooms are great at all 3 hotels mentioned.