We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick the place- please!

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Pick the place- please!

I've researched- a lot - and need your help.

I am looking for:

- a two bdrm + fold out couch is fine, for 2 adults and 4 kids

-easy walk to village. ( we've stayed at the Chateau in the upper village and it was a bit of a hike) plus I have 2 teenage daughters who will be walking home at night... In by midnight;)

- large pool is a high priority- we're going in August

-kitchen or comp breakfast is a bonus

Hoping to spend $ 250-350 per night

I am also wondering, how does the walk to the village from cascade lodge ( or north village) compare to the walk from the upper village?

Cascade lodge says they have the largest pool, but so do several others including the Coast Blackcomb, which looks nice but is upper village.

Four seasons has a nice pool but is it kid friendly and a bit far too?

To further confuse, I would go to either upper village or village north for a really great place!

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
687 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick the place- please!

Four Seasons is the best of the best. Remember they have a free shuttle running every 15 mins to and from the village (until 11:45pm from memory).

If you're certain you want to stay in the main village, we can recommend the Pan Pacific Village Centre which has suites with separate 1 or 2 bedrooms and kitchen etc.

2. Re: Pick the place- please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:50 pm, July 09, 2012
Snoqualmie...
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick the place- please!

We go to Whistler several times each summer and have stayed in every part (not Creekside) really you can't go wrong with any spot there in the summer. Everything is walking or biking distance. However I also travel with kids and teenagers and I would say that Village North is a great spot. Cascade Lodge is right across the street from the main Village and also close to cheap eat spots like 7-11 and McD that the teens love. We have stayed at Cascade Lodge a few times and the pool is big with two hot tubs and the rooms are adequate. One time we had a room on the green belt side and saw a bear outside our deck. If you are going in August and will be there for Crankworx (Aug 11-19) then I might also pick the Pan Pacific Mountainside. It has a great pool and two hot tubs overlooking the mountainbike park. As a central spot I feel more comfortable staying here with kids-they can come back to the room easily for a snack or lunch. The other PP is more modern and has a free breakfast but really you just can't beat the Mountainside for location. And just up the steps is the shuttle to Lost Lake-another fun spot for kids and teens to take a dip in the lake or hike the many trails. Look for the BC rate at the PP.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,689 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pick the place- please!

Check out alluradirect for a place to stay as well. vrbo is another one. We have used vrbo many times, but not in Whistler. I actually found the alluradirect website much easier to use. They have places all over the village. Some of them even offered FREE parking!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pick the place- please!

We just got back and stayed at a condo in the Glacier's Reach condo development, which is Village North, right across from the IGA grocery store and Whistler Village. so location was great! There is an outdoor pool and hottub for the complex, plus we had our own hottub, kitchen, washer and dryer, 2BR, 2Bath and pullout sofa and dining table. Perfect! Cost was very, very reasonable cuz it is off-season. You could save a lot and still have close access to town and some of the trails. We rented through VRBO, and it went smoothly. There is a narrow space parking garage also.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
229 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pick the place- please!

We were in Whistler just last week and rented a last minute "2 bedroom - sleeps 6" condo through www.resortac.com. Another useful site is www.ownerdirect.com. And there are many other sites. Just google "Whistler vacation rental"

Edited: 1:51 am, June 28, 2012
7. Re: Pick the place- please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, June 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Whistler