We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer lift ticket to Whistler Mountain alone.

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
229 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Summer lift ticket to Whistler Mountain alone.

I am not sure if it has been addressed on this forum before, but can anyone tell me if it is still possible to buy sight seeing lift tickets to Whistler Mountain alone? We do NOT want to use the Peak to Peak lift nor are we interested in a barbeque or any other add-on. We just like to go up, enjoy the view a bit and go for a bit of a walk. And we feel $45 to $60 pp (over $200 for the four of us) for a 20 min gondola ride is too much and not worth it. We used to go up there with visitors from Europe in the past but now I can only find combination tickets online.

Thanks

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer lift ticket to Whistler Mountain alone.

Hi lov-da-sea:

You can see all the prices on the official Whistler Blackcomb website. Basically, they do not un-bundle access to the Peak to Peak in the summer or in the Winter....one lift ticket accesses all lifts. In the summery, for Adults it is $45.95, Youth (13 - 18) it's $38.95, and for Children (7 - 12) it's $21.95. For anyone who has purchased an early bird 'express pass' for 2012 - 2013 ski-season....it's free in the summer, and they can purchase your tickets with either 10% of 20% off.

If you book on line, I think you save a little tool. ($3 per ticket or something like that).

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer lift ticket to Whistler Mountain alone.

Are you staying in a hotel in the village? Mine offered me a discount when I arrived which was nice...I'm sure other hotels have similar deals.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
229 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer lift ticket to Whistler Mountain alone.

That's too bad. We get company over from Europe every summer and usually take them for a day trip to Whistler. For almost $200 we can do a whole lot of other things that are more valuable to us. So no ride on the lift this year.

Thanks for the feedback.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer lift ticket to Whistler Mountain alone.

There should be a 2 for 1 ticket in the Entertainment Book

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer lift ticket to Whistler Mountain alone.

Your European visitors will probably think it'sa bargain, compared to the prices of gondolas in the Alps.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,112 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer lift ticket to Whistler Mountain alone.

That's what I was thinking. If you look at the prices for going on a gondola up a mountain elsewhere in the world, I think $60 - $80 pp is about average. I was just looking at the Skyrail in Cairns, Queensland and thats over $60 return (you have to pay to go up, and pay to come down again!)

7. Re: Summer lift ticket to Whistler Mountain alone.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Whistler