We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whistler or west coast wilderness lodge

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Rapids...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
whistler or west coast wilderness lodge

My wife and I are celebrating our 20th this August and we will be in Seattle and Vancouver.

We also have time for a two/three day trip to do some hiking, walking, running, horse back riding, etc..

Should we do Whistler or West Coast Wilderness Lodge in Egmont and see Princess Louisa Inlet and Rapids?

We fly from Michigan round trip to Seattle.

Thanks.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,707 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whistler or west coast wilderness lodge

Two quite different experiences. Princess Louisa is pretty but takes the better part of a day getting there and back. The 90 mile return run by boat could be considered monotonous. In general that type of a vacation is all water so you have to know you enjoy boating. Whistler is a resort with many restaurants and bars. There are water sports, golf, bike riding etc etc. Quite a few diversions and only 90 minutes by car from downtown Vancouver. Only you know which vacation appeals more. You could even do both.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whistler or west coast wilderness lodge

I agree with Alegre. They are very different experiences. If you want the romance of a more remote wilderness experience, (with ocean travel) then Princess Louisa would be your pick. If you want to do some hiking, and have the conveniences of a resort town, including some very fine dining and/or spa experiences, then Whistler would be your pick. I would imagine at Princess Louisa you might also enjoy kayaking, and at Whistler you might try the Zip line through the trees.

Ucluelet, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: whistler or west coast wilderness lodge

Its a big event... and should be more on the romantic side

Check out all that Whistler offers... and I think all the beauty and amenities are there for total pampering.. If that is what you are after..

Amazing hotels, restaurants..Bear Foot Bistro, Araxi's and RimRock are fav's

lots of romantic walks, hikes, heli tours, airplane tours, boat tours, horsedrawn sleigh rides, Peak to Peak mountain rides.. Scandinavian outdoor Spa...just to name a few

check out the blackcomb/whistler sites...

Happy Anniversary

Vancouver
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: whistler or west coast wilderness lodge

Hi there-

Well the information that has already been offered to you is not 100% on the mark . The trip up Jervis inlet is by boat and is far from a long dreary trip. Jervis is one of the longest inlets on the west coast edge. With mountains ranging up to 6000+ feet, beautiful waterfalls and native petraglifs which can be view up and down the the inlet. The round trip to Princess Louisa takes about 4 hours and this includes the time you get to have off of the boat and hike up to view the falls. It is definitly a trip worth doing in your life time.

The Lodge is very close to the Skookumchuck rapids and is a fabulous walk through the rain forest. There are also a number of different tours and activities that are offered. However, if your on your anniversary maybe you just want to relax on the deck or have a massage at the eco spa. Whistler has some great facilities, no doubt about that, but if your looking for something seculded and intamite, the Lodge is a great choice!

Cheers folks! I hope this helps.

5. Re: whistler or west coast wilderness lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 pm, June 21, 2013