We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski lessons

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
460 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Ski lessons

I know that there are three levels for adult beginners and I am wondering about the middle one and the highest level. Last year I went with the group that people have never skiied b 4 should use and at the end I think I was told to goto the middle one. Has anyone ever been in the middle group and if so, do the people in the middle group go down anything or do they hang out by the magic carpet like the group I was in last time?

Atlanta, GA
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski lessons

I was just in Whistler and took 2 days of snowboard lessons. We took lesson on Whistler Mtn(I believe Blackcomb has lessons as well) that met at the Carleton Lodge. I had never skied or boarded before and my first day, I was placed in an appropriate group for first-time beginners. My second day, when I meet for snowboard school, the instructors asked me to go several hundred yards up, and show them what I could do and they would place me in the appropriate group. This worked great for me and I learned more my second day. There were a few people that showed up right when the lesson began, and I think they were randomly placed in groups with space open. I am assuming that the ski school works in a similar way, but am not sure. I would suggest getting to the ski school area early. The lessons start at 9:45, and the instructors start gathering around about 9 or so. If you are there early, you'll have a chance to talk with an instructor and hopefully be placed in an appropriate group. Good Luck!

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski lessons

Generally, only first-timers are assigned a class without evaluation - I agree that if you get there a little early you will have an opportunity to voice your concerns -- I think you'll have a good time - the ski school is excellent -

Get answers to your questions about Whistler