We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Bike trip in June - July

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Mt Bike trip in June - July

3 of us are planning to come up sometime in late June or early July to Mt. bike for probably 3 days.

We will be flying into Van. What is the cheapest way to get to Whistler village? we will not have bikes, just us and a little luggage.

Rent a car? but we only need it to get up and back, so it will sit unused for a couple days. Take a bus? taxi? Cost is the most important concern, one of us is a student with very little $$$.

Where is the cheapest place to stay within close proximity to the lifts?

I was there last year, and I guy I was Mt. biking with said he had a condo for $75 a night, where can I find condos in this price range? I was staying at a hotel for $275/night, but that was with my family, this is a guys trip and doesn't need to be fancy.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Bike trip in June - July

Surf up www.whistlerblackcomb.com, as the resort may have some "Stay and Ride" packages. Conversely, www.piquenewsmagazine.com may have some listings as well. All the hotels are there as well (Holiday Inn, 4 Seasons, Sheraton, Delta, ect.) Best place to stay is in the Village close to the park. You can also check on craigslistvancouver, as they have whistler listings for the summer.

I assume you will be doing downhill only, no cross country?

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Bike trip in June - July

Check www.alluradirect.com for rentals from private owners. There are lots of 1-bedroom condos for $125 or less, and you don't have to pay the 10% hotel tax when renting privately. June will be cheaper than July.

The cheapest way to get to Whistler would be Greyhound bus from downtown Vancouver - but you have to get to the bus depot from YVR. Renting a car would be more convenient for sure, and split 3 ways may not cost too much more than the bus.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver Intl Airport
Vancouver Intl Airport
Richmond, Canada
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt Bike trip in June - July

Thanks for the info.

Probably downhill only, it would be nice to get some XC riding in, but not likely this time.

Squamish, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Bike trip in June - July

You can for sure get condos for $75/n last year I saw deals at www.enjoywhistler.com for a (quite small) studio at Alpenglow for $79 CAD per night. might be smallish 350sq ft for 3 guys but if just want a place that you can crash and have a bathroom and fridge etc its pretty good. that building has a pool and hottub too.

have fun. be sure to ride dirt merchant and clown shoes, they are sick trails

Mentioned in this post
Alpenglow Lodge
Alpenglow Lodge
180 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt Bike trip in June - July

Best way to get to Whistler from the airport is through the Perimeter bus. Details here: whistlerblackcomb.com/reservations/mg_129/Ai…

You really don't need a car in Whistler & most of the hotels charge $15+/day for parking.

Mentioned in this post
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
6. Re: Mt Bike trip in June - July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 29, 2009