We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler In summer/skiing

Birmingham,England
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Whistler In summer/skiing

Being blonde, have just realised that going to Whistler June 1st = no skiing! Is this definite ? I have never skiied before and wanted to learn, I am in Banff end of May and Vancouver mid June.

Is ski season over everywhere or is there somewhere I can learn during these months?

Is it still worth visiting Whistler in June? What other activities have people done there during this month?

thanks!

Lisa.

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whistler In summer/skiing

Actually you might be able to ski. It'll depend on the weather and amount of snow. In 2005 they were open until June 5th. I'm sure that's rare though. I wouldn't count on it.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whistler In summer/skiing

It's not likely there will be much skiing in June but Whistler has so many other summer activities, you won't be bored. A few that come to mind immediately are: mountain biking, golf, lots of hiking, kayaking on the River of Golden Dreams, ziptrek, cycling on the Valley Trail, rollerblading. Check the whistler-blackcomb website for more ideas: www.whistlerblackcomb.com.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whistler In summer/skiing

Depends on the pack and the number of people still coming up. I know one year I rode until June 8th. Best bet is to check on the whistler web site (www.whistlerblackcomb.com). Other than that the downhill mtn bike park is open, some hiking, zip trekking, etc.

Birmingham,England
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Whistler In summer/skiing

Thanks for you help! I am sure I will find somewhere to ski at some point in my rtw trip! Cheers.

Lisa.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Whistler In summer/skiing

I don't see a definitive closing day on the web site, but from the ticket sales info it looks like closing day this year is Sunday June 3rd

whistlerblackcomb.com/tickets/…index.htm.

Summer glacier skiing usually starts the day after the regular season closes, so there should still be some skiing available.

Also, try out the mountain bike park. I tried it last year for the first time and had a blast.

- Greg

6. Re: Whistler In summer/skiing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 25, 2009