We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to vernon

touring aussie
1 post
Save Topic
getting to vernon

hi my name is gail and we are visiting vernon in april/may and i wont to know if there are buses or train fron vancouver to get to vernon as i didnt want to drive we want to stay for about 4 days but we have to get back to vancouver to fly to alaska thank you gail

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to vernon

Hi Gail,

There is no train from Vancouver to Vernon.

The Greyhound bus covers that route.

Also, you may want to contact Moose Travel Network and find out if they would take you to Vernon at the time of your trip. Their winter ski shuttle bus goes from Vancouver to Kelowna (not that far from Vernon) and to the ski resorts of Big White and Silver Star.

www.moosenetwork.com/region.php?regionId=3

Vernon, BC
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to vernon

The greyhound may be offer some enjoyable scenery for a couple tourists, but I'd really advise against it - minimum 6 1/2 hours to Vernon, annoying people on the bus, etc.

I'd really recommend renting a car if you can afford it. Especially since there is practically no public transport in Vernon, and no neighbourhood you could stay in that you won't want / need to get out of once in a while.

Another option would be to fly from Vancouver to Kelowna, the airport is only a 25 minute drive / shuttle ride to Vernon, flights can be had cheap if you book in advance. Incidentally, I would strongly recommend against flying air canada on this route, if you can avoid it.

3. Re: getting to vernon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 21, 2009