We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't decide on accommodation!

Which Vernon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Can't decide on accommodation!

Can anyone provide some advice to assist with our choice of accommodation at Silverstar.

Should we stay at Firelight Lodge or a house on the Knoll. Firelight looks so convenient to the ice skating pond, tube town and the village. The house we were considering in at the base of the Silver Queen chairlift. As I have never been to Silverstar I am wondering what the walk is like to the ice skating pond or the village etc. I do know that there is a bus but would like to think the kids could walk to these places. We are arriving end of Feb and staying 10 nights.

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't decide on accommodation!

There are some great houses on the Knoll, and walking is easy, the roads are kept up and lots of people walk. We usually walk down to the village and bus back up. Which homes are you looking at?

As to the lodge, its a perfect location. Really cant be beat. When we noticed it being built, that was my first thought.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't decide on accommodation!

We are looking at Timberwolf Chalet. It's at 400 Monashee Rd. Looks' really nice on the website. It's a bit of a toss up between this Chalet and Firelight Lodge really and could all come down to the lift ticket savings. It's all so difficult to work out really as Silverstar has so many packages available. There are great ones for beginner skiers with lessons, lift tickets, ski gear, so hard to work out!

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't decide on accommodation!

Looks like a beautiful place. How did you find it? As its not on the Mountains website, I take it there are no lift discounts attached to it? We usually get 10% off on lift tickets through Rebbeca.

When you are traveling with kids, and need full gear and lift tickets, you are right, the discounts really matter. I would call the mountain, they are great to deal with, just tell them what you are needing and ask them whats the best deal.

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't decide on accommodation!

Forgot to add, we have stayed at Cinnamon toast, and Harlow house, both are beautiful places, Cinnamon toast is downstairs, so a little more hassle getting out, but still a great place. Harlow house has the best kitchen, and is just across the street from the skiway. Now we just get the Mornington House every year. We need the rooms.

5. Re: Can't decide on accommodation!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, February 25, 2011