We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help!

york
2 posts
Save Topic
Please help!

I am a mum of 3 children 17,16, & 12 who needs advice on the best places to stay whilst holidaying in Victoria. As a family my husband, the kids and myself will be emigrating to Victoria in a year from sunny yorkshire England. we are spending a fact finding 2 weeks holiday around this area in July 2007, can anyone give me advise on an afforable place to stay ( $1500 a week) X

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
184 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help!

Ok, I don't know if this will help you or not, but I'm suggesting it as a possibility.

I don't know your travel times, but the Royal Scot is having a specail sale at their hotel, so their prices are really reasonable. They also have a long stay program, so they have weekly and monthly rates through the winter months.

You might be able to get a one-bedroom suite with a twin beds, a queen size sofa bed in the living room, and they might have a cot, as the one bedroom living room area seems big enough for an extra cot. You also get the advantage of a full kitchen and dining area so you don't have to eat out all all the time.

I can't quote you a price, but with the deals they have running now, I doubt it would be above your budget. They are an awesome hotel in an ideal location, and with three kids, you might appreciate the indoor pool, games rooms, billiards, etc.

We also looked into Vacation Rentals as a posibility, but the only group that was responsive to our requests were Alphaselect.

They will cost more than many hotels, but you can get as many seperate bedrooms as you need.

I hope this helps you!

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help!

A very helpful forum is Brits2Vancouver at

groups.yahoo.com/group/Brits2Vancouver/

Although that forum focuses on Vancouver, it also has good information on the rest of British Columbia.

I am not thinking so much about your immediate question (to which I personally do not know the answer) but rather to the additional questions that will come up as you get closer to relocating.

Hope that helps.

york
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help!

Thanks for the info , the Royal Scot Hotel looks lovely, just what we are looking for.

I'll tell you how we get on!!

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help!

Another option you might consider is a private condo rental - check www.vrbo.com. There are lots of choices under "Vancouver Island, Victoria."

5. Re: Please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Victoria
Recent Conversations