We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Undersea Gardens in Victoria

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Medina, WA
Level Contributor
400 posts
10 reviews
Undersea Gardens in Victoria

Has anyone visited the Undersea Gardens? Wanted to know if it is worth a visit with children and/or is this just another tourist trap?

Fremont, CA
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Undersea Gardens in Victoria

I was told by taxi driver that picked me up at sea plane that it was a rip off so didn't go. You might check with hotel when you get there or hopefully someone from Victoria will know more.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
91 reviews
2. Re: Undersea Gardens in Victoria

It all depends on the age of your children. If they are under the age of 10, it is probably worth it. There is a scuba show, seals and lots of windows where you look at different sea life. There is also a fairly large hands-on area where kids can literally get their hands wet. However, this is not a fancy aquarium like you would get at SeaWorld or even the aquarium in Seattle. It is smaller than Seattle's. If you've been to the Seattle aquarium (we've been to both) I wouldn't bother. It certainly isn't worth it if your children are teens. They'd be bored.

Fremont, CA
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Undersea Gardens in Victoria

I didn't think it was anything like and aquarium from what I heard. It looked like it was almost bankrupt. In fact I think it was at one time but I would check with hotel when i get there and they are usually really good about steering you right.

Victoria, B.C.
14 posts
4. Re: Undersea Gardens in Victoria

Hi Joann

As a Victoria resident, who can go there any time I want.... I avoid it. It is definitely NOT worth the money.

Salt Spring Island...
Level Contributor
616 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Undersea Gardens in Victoria

Waste of time and $$$. Can't believe that attraction is still around; it has been there for over 20 years. Define tourist trap.

Medina, WA
Level Contributor
400 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Undersea Gardens in Victoria

I am sure everyone will have there interpretation of "tourist trap", however, my definition is simply an attraction that looks interesting and fun, is usually expensive and then turns out to be a big waste of time and money. I have limited time in Victoria and would like to avoid such places and really appreciate the advise travelers share on this forum.