We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver to Victoria

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
White City...
Level Contributor
294 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Vancouver to Victoria

Hi we plan on flying into Vancouver from Regina and then take the ferry to Victoria. What is the fastest , easiest and cheapest way to get from the Vancouver airport to the ferry terminal and then from the ferry terminal to downtown Victoria? We are not renting a car. I know we could fly directly to Victoria but we wantto experience a ferry ride. I checked out the skytrain but it would take an hour.

1. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:50 pm, July 28, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,698 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

Oh Sam. No one said they weren't willing to pay for anything, just looking for the least expensive.

Ok, least expensive is public transit, but what a chore!! Its worth the extra money to go PCL.

http://www.pacificcoach.com/

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,593 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

cheapest - public bus

easiest - taxi

quickest- might be taxi PCL bus ( not public milk run bus)

So you see, you can't have cheapest and easiest be same things.

White City...
Level Contributor
294 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

Yikes, was someone up too late and are a bit grumpy? This is the first time I have gotten such a negative response from a post on Tripadvisor.

I just wanted to know the best way and the most economical, I am not saying we wanted it for free.

Thanks for your advice.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,146 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

There is no " fast" way to get to the ferry terminal...either PCL bus or skytrain and bus will take close to an hour because of the distance.a cab will cost about $60 and won't be much faster. The skytrain and bus is quite cheap and not difficult at all..actual time is 50 minutes. Then the bus at the other end , Swartz Bay, will take about an hour to get to Victoria. How are you getting off island? Can you do your ferry ride then? If time is a factor then flying from south terminal at yvr direct to Victoria harbor will be fastest. And most expensive. This is with Harbor Air.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,698 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

LOL - yes Sam can be a bit cranky at times, but also gives some of the best advice on the board for fishing and for traveling in the more remote parts of the province. He's also usually a pretty good sport when he gets called out for being cranky. ;)

"Best" is difficult for others to judge for you. You'll just need to look at the options and figure out what works best for you. if you want to go for least expensive and see what's involved in taking public transit, let us know and we can give you more specifics, but it's quite cumbersome.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,146 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

Actually the public transit option from yvr isn't too bad..you take canada line to bridgeport then transfer to a bus which goes pretty direct to the ferry terminal. At the other end you get an " express" bus to downtown. Luggage is the biggest issue as not really storage on the buses...and express means jut under 1 hour!

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

van67 is right, take PCL all the way from YVR to downtown victoria. schedule at pacificcoach.com/Bus-Coach-Travel/YVR-Victor… . no luggage hassle, one fare the whole way; enoy your sail!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,698 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

I guess that's what I mean by cumbersome, T47. Its long and drawn out, although yes you are just sitting on the bus the whole time, and there's the additional hassle of dragging your luggage around getting off the bus at Tsawwassen and then off the ferry in Victoria, although they do have a luggage truck to make that a bit easier. I guess it depends on your age (I find the older I get, the less tolerance I have for those tedious trips) and how much luggage you are dragging around. Its certainly quite doable on transit if saving the $40 is important to you.

White City...
Level Contributor
294 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

Thanks everyone for your help. We have chosen to take the Skytrain/bus to the ferry terminal, take the ferry ( obviously) and then take the #70 downtown express bus to Victoria. Total estimated cost is $31.00 per person, half price compared to Pacific Coast bus and the travel times are within minutes of each other. Skytrain/bus is actually a better fit with our flight arrival time. We will each have a carry on so hopefully we can manage that. It will be an adventure. :) So looking forward to the ferry ride.