We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in victoria, dining and recommended visits?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
calgary alberta
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 days in victoria, dining and recommended visits?

Hi there. My wife and I are going to be in victoria for 2 days, this sat and sunday. It was a trip decided at the last minute and we really haven't planned too much for our itinerary. What are some recommdations. The museum sounds like a great stop. What about the imax? Are there ferry rides around the harbour that are recommended? The only dining we have planned is sat night at Pescatores. It seems like a great place to sample some seafood. Is the Blue crab much better? What are some great lunch spots? We heard about Barb's but is that just a tourist spot and is it living off the past? We would like a good fish and chips spot. When we travel to the coast we make it a priority to try the local seafood. Also what is a great place to have high tea that won't break the bank? The Empress is well known but we would rather not be at such a high traffic and expensive spot. What are some places that are the $15-30 range. We are staying at the Grand Hotel and it seems like a great place to hang the hat. If you could help out it would be appreciated. We decided to get of Calgary for a weekend and a nice short trip to victoria seemed in order. Also what is the weekend forecast. Thank you.

Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in victoria, dining and recommended visits?

Hm - I would opt for a fabulous meal at Cafe Brio (really if you don't try this place you are missing the best)

We enjoy Pagliaccis for lunch (yum)

The Herald Street Cafe is nice

Il Terrazzo is delish

There are many more excellent restaurants but if you stick to "seafood" listings you will miss the best of all and most Vancouver/Victoria restaurants serve seafood regardless of what their speciality is and we have found that they tend to be as good as and often better than supposedly "seafood" places.

For tea: if you have not been to Butchart gardens I suggest a reservation for tea, and take in the gardens while there- they are more reasonable than the Empress (wow-triple the price of Raffles in Singapore) for tea. Ohterwise, perhaps go to Oak Bay for tea - kind of homebody, relaxed, inexpensive place.

Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in victoria, dining and recommended visits?

Hello,

My wife and I are just completing a 5-day stay. You've made a great choice in choosing Victoria. It's one of our favorite respites. We would recommend the self-guided tour of the Craigdarroch Home, the Royal B.C. Museum with or without the IMAX show. Mostly we enjoyed walking along the waterfront in front of the Empress winding past Laurel Point. Many artisans and live entertainment. No need for a car, most everything worth seeing in two days is close by. Unlimited supply of excellent food. We particularly enjoyed Perkiklis Greek on 500 block of Yates, various small seafood and pubs near Government Street. Enjoy!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in victoria, dining and recommended visits?

we were just at the Blue Crab last night..celebrating our wedding anniversary. I think the Blue Crab is the most when it comes to fine seafood dining..

hubby and I shared a seafood trio for two..it included scallops, tiger prawns, a WHOLE lobster, two small steaks grilled to absolute perfection... fresh veggies yummmmmm

and not too badly priced either. If the seafood had been any fresher, we would have had to have caught it ourselves....

oh and we had frsh oysters on the halfshell too

I'm still full....

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in victoria, dining and recommended visits?

just read the date of your posting...you are already here!!!! hope you have a laptop...

5. Re: 2 days in victoria, dining and recommended visits?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 14, 2009