We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Liquor store hours on a Monday

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
16 reviews
Liquor store hours on a Monday

Hi all

We are doing back to back cruises, on first cruise we stop in Victoria ;-) we arrive at 7 30 pm and there midnight. Can someone please tell me if there is a liquor store that would be still open at this time, so i can purchase refills for second cruise.

PS we will be seeing more of Victoria after the second cruise is done. thanks again

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Liquor store hours on a Monday

Only hope will be a Private liquor store. BCL (Government Stores) have very limited hours an usually close by 6;00 or 8:00 if in tourist zones. I believe there may be some in the core, some close to downtown (e.g. Shark Club-Sandman on Douglas)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Liquor store hours on a Monday

cold beer and wine stores also carry spirits.

yelp.ca/biz/swiftsure-liquor-beer-and-wine-s…

this one is a short walk from your pier or grab a cab

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,008 posts
180 reviews
3. Re: Liquor store hours on a Monday

Google show lots of stores downtown. Closing seems to be 11pm.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Liquor store hours on a Monday

you will have np problem refilling your liquor supplies. I am a cruiser and understand how $$$$ it is onboard :)

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Liquor store hours on a Monday

LOL thanks flippr and all others.. The refills will be needed that is for sure...

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Liquor store hours on a Monday

The beer/wine/liquor store at the Swiftsure, that flippr mentioned is the closest one to where the cruise ships dock. There is also a beer/wine/ liquor store located in the Strathcona Hotel on Douglas Street, that would be the next closest, I think it is larger and has a better selection.

7. Re: Liquor store hours on a Monday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 18, 2014