We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning permanently to US from Victoria

Victoria, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Returning permanently to US from Victoria

I am leaving my job here in Victoira to return to the US. We are US citizens. Would you recommend going through the Port Angeles entry point or through the Blaine, WA entry point? Houselhold goods afre being shipped spearately via a licensed carrier. Have been through both entry / Customs points and really like the Port Anglese one - nice area; lines aren't long, straight shot to California (where we're headed). Welcome any suggestions. Will be leaving here o/a 29 January,

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,778 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Returning permanently to US from Victoria

Reported as Not Travel Related

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,837 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returning permanently to US from Victoria

Hi Mark ~

You could take BC Ferries across to Tsawwassen and then hit the Peace Arch crossing. It all depends on the day and the time of day as to how long the border wait would be going south. All the local border crossing webcams are on this website:

www.borderlineups.com/cam.php?BorderID=2

The WA State ferry goes through some beautiful waters and you end up at Anacortes. You also go through US pre-customs at Sidney BC, which is probably fairly easy. The ship is smaller than BC Ferries though. I think you might need a reservation on the WA State as it is smaller and you would want a spot.

The only thing is BC Ferries runs more frequently so you could get going more conveniently. Otherwise, I think it's up to you.

Sam, I think this is travel related in that the question is about opinions for a route to the States.

Victoria, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Returning permanently to US from Victoria

Thanks - I appreciate your input. Called the Black Ball Ferry and found out that they will be shut down for annual maintenance during the timeframe I am looking to depart. So, it's BC Ferries and Tsawwassen!

Thanks again!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
330 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Returning permanently to US from Victoria

Mufti

>> Sam, I think this is travel related in that the question is about opinions for a route to the States. <<

Agree!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Returning permanently to US from Victoria

Sam, don't turn into a church lady! ;-)

Cheers,

Terry

6. Re: Returning permanently to US from Victoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, January 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Victoria