We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Downtown Vancouver from Victoria

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
central Ohio
10 posts
Save Topic
Day trip to Downtown Vancouver from Victoria

We will be staying in Victoria for 3 days. I would like to go to downtown Vancouver for one of those days. But I cannot figure out how best to do this. Can anyone please tell me how best to arrive at Downtown Vancouver city, then take a bus tour to see all the sights and then to get back to Victoria all in one day. Is it possible?

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

calgary
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Downtown Vancouver from Victoria

It will be a long day, you can fly harbour to harbour or take Pacific Coach Lines (see link below)

http://www.pacificcoach.com/

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,465 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Downtown Vancouver from Victoria

Hi Kay,

It would take you 4 hours one way by car or coach and ferry. Flying would be the only way you would have time for a bus tour, although they seem to leave in the mornings and early afternoons. Harbour Air is the seaplane that takes 35 minutes and flies between downtown Vic and downtown Vancouver. The "best way" is by seaplane.

www.harbour-air.com

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,654 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Downtown Vancouver from Victoria

since most tours run Vanc to Victoria it may be a little harder. The absolute sijplest would be to take the seaplane tour landing near Canada Place. Walk up to the front and catch one of the HO HO buses in front. I vote for Vancouver Trolley. You can ride it to everything in downtown, Stanley Park and Granville Island. At the end you can get back to Pacific Station and take one of the last buses from PCL back to Victoria or fly home. It would be a long day but doable.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,576 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Downtown Vancouver from Victoria

Going across for the day is certainly common, but it is a long way and quite tiring. I agree that if you can afford the flight, that is the easiest way to do it.

5. Re: Day trip to Downtown Vancouver from Victoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, June 21, 2013