We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. John's, Canada
1 post
Save Topic

I'll be staying at the U of Victoria for a week. How can I get from there to the ferry at Schwartz Bay? I'll be picked up in Twassawen. What is the cost of bus? taxi? I'll have a suitcase.

Victoria's London Taxi Day Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours
Ascot Limousine Services Tours
Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
BC Transit
Taxis & Shuttles
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,055 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,973 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation

Above is the bus route from UVic to Swartz Bay ferry terminal. It's set for a weekday. Saturday and Sunday service will be different. On Sam's link you will find bus schedules for both the #39 and #70 bus and a phone number to call for transit info if you need it.

A taxi will cost about $75.00

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation

Yup, bus is best choice. That #70 bus takes you practically to the passenger terminal front door.

Victoria B.C.
Level Contributor
332 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation

From UVIC you should take the number 4 bus as it goes down Hillside and turns on to Douglas Street. The number 70 runs up Douglas Street so you would just need to cross the street on Douglas and jump on the 70 to Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal...

The cost is only $2.50, and make sure that you ask for a transfer from the #4 bus driver so that you don't have to pay to get on the #70 bus.

Shouldn't be a problem bringing your luggage on the bus, a lot of people do, you just have to stay on the first floor of the bus (can't carry suitcases to the top of the double decker buses)...

5. Re: transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 am, March 25, 2013
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor