We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver to Victoria/ Victoria sights

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
little rock...
Level Contributor
8 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Vancouver to Victoria/ Victoria sights

What's the best way to get to Victoria from Vancouver on a Sunday afternoon in July? I will be traveling with family, including 2 80plus year olds. We will have only one day in Victoria. Any recommendations on a tour service or private guide for sightseeing? Thanks for any help.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
446 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver to Victoria/ Victoria sights

It depends if you have a car or not and what your budget is like. You can either fly downtown Vancouver to downtown Victoria via West Coast Air www.westcoastair.com or Harbour Air www.harbour-air.com/home. These are seaplanes by the way and take off and land at the harbour.

If you have a car you can take the ferry from Vancouver to Victoria via BC Ferries: www.bcferries.ca

and if you don't have a car, you can still take the ferry and there are busses that do the trip too, Pacific Coach Lines: www.pacificcoach.com

Have a good stay.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver to Victoria/ Victoria sights

I'd second Pacific Coach Lines. They have some very nice one day trips to Victoria, plus they can pick you up and drop you off at your hotel.

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver to Victoria/ Victoria sights

I don`t know if you realise this, but it takes 1 1/2 hrs., each way, to get to Vancouver Island from the mainland. You can read more about the ferries at:

http://www.bcferries.com/

If you are travelling with older people, you mentioned 80 yr. olds, I think the bus or by car is your best bet. I don`t know if they like flower gardens, but the Butchart Gardens is a gorgeous one. Here is their website:

http://www.butchartgardens.com/

If you can, stay overnight in Victoria, because it shall be a very full day, especially for the eldest of the group.

Have a good visit!

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver to Victoria/ Victoria sights

Your best bet... and cheapest, is to take a PCL bus from Vancouver to Victoria and rent a car here if you need to. The price of taking a car on the ferry is a bit steep. I would spend the night here as there is lots to see. The 1 1/2 hours each way hawkspirit

was refering to is just the ferry ride. It does not include the time to get to and from the ferry in each city. It takes about 1/2 hour - 45 mins to get from the ferry to Victoria, depending on traffic!

Rome
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vancouver to Victoria/ Victoria sights

Hi,

in 2003 we did it as follows:

flight (Harbour) from Vancouver to Victoria (it's really fantastic) and the way back we took the ferry and bus (fantastic too); so I think this mix will give you 2 different impressions and I am glad we did it this way.

tussyna