We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

royal scot or delta ocean spa and resort

cincinnati,ohio
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
royal scot or delta ocean spa and resort

my husband and I will be travelling to Vancouver in Sept.

flying into seattle and driving up. Will spend three nights in

Victoria. Trying to decide which would be better. Thanks

Victoria, BC Can
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: royal scot or delta ocean spa and resort

Hi, I live here in Victoria and just came across your post while looking for other info on this site.

Royal Scott (RS) vs Delta Ocean Pointe (OP) - a tough choice. Both are good. Royal Scot is closer to downtown attractions; are about 3 blocks from the inner harbour. OP is right on the Inner Harbour but across the harbour from downtown. It is about a 2 kilometer walk from the OP to the Inner Harbour. But the OP is also at the start of one of our most favourite walks (Songhees Walkway). OP will has fantastic views of the water and the city. The RS is one a block from the water. If amenities are not an issue I would go with the one that gives the best value. If you don't mind walking the OP has more amenities and better views.

Ottawa
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: royal scot or delta ocean spa and resort

I was in Victoria last fall and stayed at the Royal Scot. I had a one bedroom kitchenette suite, which was nice. However, I did not use the facilities very much so I have no cmment on them. (I prefer to exercise outdoors.) The location was good for getting downtown and out toward the beach/park area. I did stroll down to the Delta for dinner one night - good but a little pricey.

As the other reply states - it really is dependent on what you want to spend on your stay.

cincinnati,ohio
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: royal scot or delta ocean spa and resort

vic guy thanks for the info. goldensrule

Victoria
Level Contributor
56 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: royal scot or delta ocean spa and resort

Both hotels are "Downtown" but there are other areas that are really nice. James bay and Rockland are hertiage neighborhoods with lots of guesthouses and great B&B's

Wine Country...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: royal scot or delta ocean spa and resort

Royal Scot has superb service. Amazing place!!

Fremont, CA
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: royal scot or delta ocean spa and resort

I just loved the Royal Scot. First class service. Really spacious suites, nice pool and jacuzzi, shuttle available to restaurants, drug store, whatever. Excellent location and even a little store to buy some goodies if you don't want to go out. good restaurant. I thought it was a lovely street and had a nice balcomy. Also, a liquor store across the street at Day's Inn which was great for a bottle of wine or two.