We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goldstream Provincial Park - great camping near Victoria

Santa Barbara, CA
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Goldstream Provincial Park - great camping near Victoria

Hi All,

I just returned from a road trip up to BC, and it included 2 nights of camping at Goldstream Provincial Park just outside of Victoria. This is a GREAT campground. It is heavily wooded, so each campsite is very secluded and quiet. The facilities are also clean and better than any I have seen in California! The campground is about a 20 minute drive to downtown Victoria, and also not far from Sooke (which is worth a visit). It's also a short drive to a shopping center that has grocery stores and a starbucks. However, you feel like you're in the middle of a lush forest with nothing around when you are at your stie!

There aren't a lot of campgrounds reviewed on Trip Advisor, so I wanted to share my positive experience with others.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goldstream Provincial Park - great camping near Victoria

Thanks for sharing but you should really add this as a tip so that it won't get lost in the forum over time.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,008 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goldstream Provincial Park - great camping near Victoria

We had a six day visit to Victoria a couple of years ago based at Goldstream, and I agree, it was great. A perfect location to base yourself to see Victoria and the surrounding area. The standard of the park is typical of all our BC Provincial Parks campgrounds, which I should note, do not have services, which will be a deterrent to some.

I would also agree with dforce - put in a traveller's review or a goList for future reference.

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goldstream Provincial Park - great camping near Victoria

Goldstream doesn't have electricity, but does have showers and flush toilets which is far more services than most provincial campgrounds on the Island!

Santa Barbara, CA
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goldstream Provincial Park - great camping near Victoria

Thanks for the suggestion - I just created a goList of all the campgrounds I visited on my trip:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17682-Pacific_…

Canterbury. United...
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Goldstream Provincial Park - great camping near Victoria

Good morning Angie, My wife and I are hiring a motorhome in Sept and spending a couple of weeks on the Island. Goldstream Park seems an ideal 'first night' place to stay.

Question:- Do they take RV's there?

Many thanks, Tony

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goldstream Provincial Park - great camping near Victoria

Tony, they take RV's, but they don't have hook-ups for water or power.

7. Re: Goldstream Provincial Park - great camping near Victoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 05, 2009