We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best Sunday brunch

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
alberta , canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
best Sunday brunch

Hi,

I'd like to send my parents out for a birthday brunch this Sunday. Can anyone suggest a nice place for a special brunch?

Thanks!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: best Sunday brunch

The Blue Crab has a very nice menu for breakfast/brunch. Not a buffet (which, when they do one is excellent), but a regular menu. If they get a table by the window, it's fun to watch all the harbour traffic.

Samuels By The Park (in the Queen Victoria Inn) does a Sunday brunch. Haven't been there in a long time, but it was quite nice the last time I went.

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best Sunday brunch

If money isn't an issue, the Laurel Point Inn serves a seafood brunch. If you're looking for cheaper, the Six Mile Pub in Colwood is popular as well.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best Sunday brunch

I know an even better deal with Eggs benedict made on the spot, or Omelettes with your selection of ingredients, while you fill your plate with bacon, sausages, freshly made potato chunks (hash browns), Pancakes, French Toast, chicken wings, chicken strips, Fruits and Veggies, etc.

And the price??? Are you Ready???

$8.95 per person!!!

If you don't believe me, check their website...

http://www.salescene.com/smugcove.html

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best Sunday brunch

I know an even better deal with Eggs benedict made on the spot, or Omelettes with your selection of ingredients, while you fill your plate with bacon, sausages, freshly made potato chunks (hash browns), Pancakes, French Toast, chicken wings, chicken strips, Fruits and Veggies, etc.

And the price??? Are you Ready???

$8.95 per person!!!

Smuggler's Cove Pub, East of U-Vic in Cadboro Bay Village

If you don't believe me, check their website...

http://www.salescene.com/smugcove.html

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,476 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best Sunday brunch

Shhh Matthew,, Smugglers is a local secret,, and tourist are likely to overlook it ,, hidden the way it is behind a small grocers and gas station,, LOL ( ps, if any of you find it, try the mussesl, or the halibut wrap,, yummy!)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best Sunday brunch

After 3 disappointing visits, I am going to have to take the Blue Crab off of my breakfast list.

HOWEVER

The dinners at the Blue Crab are fabulous, and the attentive friendly servers,along with the wonderful view, make for a lovely night out for dinner.

Sadly, the mornings are not even remotely comparable. Service was sketchy at best, and my food had to be sent back on two different occasions.

I have been there once for the buffet brunch, and it was ok, actually very nice.

I am talking about regular brunch service, ordered off the menu, that needs a lot of work.

I am fussy, but to have to send my eggs benny back not once, but twice was a little over the top. My husband had finished his meal before I even got my mine last time, so I told them to cancel it completely.

I don't drink coffee but my husband does, he had to flag down our waitress for refills. When she brought me my tea, the water was luke warm and the tea bag had been dropped into the pot. I like my tea weak, so I asked for some hot water and a tea bag. Never got it.

The portions were very small. The panfries my husband ordered came in a little fruit cup sized bowl. The prices were $$$$

As I said we gave the Blue Crab 3 different chances, and were disappointed all three times.

I can not recommend this place for breakfast.

PS

I called them just for yuks, to see about Christmas dinner. The price was steep (I am thinking $95pp) and they wanted a $100 deposit to hold the table. YIKES

Guess we will stay home lol

picton, ontario
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: best Sunday brunch

hi happy camper1,

we have found that the oak bay marina has a wonderful brunch on sunday. we have been there quite a few times, and found it very enjoyable. you have to have a reservation.

spencerstreet

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best Sunday brunch

FYI

Smugglers Cove does not offer brunch anymore, and hasn't for a long tme.

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best Sunday brunch

FYI This topic is 6 months old.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts