We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Van.Island in midJune

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dc
1 post
Save Topic
Van.Island in midJune

Wonder if anyone has some thoughts on our plans.

We have a reservation to take the VicClipper from Seattle on 6/18 (a Saturday), will stay overnight in Victoria and then go to Point-no-Point for 3 days. The we decamp to Victoria for 3 more days.

On the first half of the trip we want a lot of vegging and nature-ing -- hiking, kayaking, getting massages. The Victorial part we plan to be more touristy and see the gardens, etc.

Does anyone have any advice for things not to be missed, given this general plan? Also, we will rent a car for the entire time. But does anyone have any intelligence about the car rental places in Victoria? We've reserved with Budget, but are not sure where it is in relation to where the VicClipper arrives, or even if it's open Sat eve.

Any thoughts on all this are welcome.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
28 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Van.Island in midJune

You've picked an awesome spot at Point No Point for 3 days. I've stayed twice with my wife, and driven for lunch a couple other times. Amazing location...perfect for hiking, and unbeatable scenery.

From Point no Point, check out

- Sooke - neat shops, East Sooke Park

- China Beach

- French Beach

- Port Renfrew & Botanical Beach

- Juan de Fuca Marine Trail

All are close driving from P N' P Resort.

One Warning....fill your gas tank in Sooke. There are NO gas stations past Sooke. If you do lots of driving, you may need to double back to Sooke to top up in those 3 days in the resort.

As for Budget rent a car, the location is right downtown - 4-5 blocks from the Clipper. I think they also have a shuttle and will pick you up if you call from the Clipper.