We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far from ferry to hotel?

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
How far from ferry to hotel?

We may book the Victoria Regent, arriving by ferry from Vancouver. Does anyone know how far it is from the ferry dock to the hotel. Also is there an easy way, ie. bus/taxi/shuttle?

Any advice on this matter would be great, thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Victoria Regent Hotel
Victoria Regent Hotel
1,570 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,911 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far from ferry to hotel?

I can't tell you about your specific hotel but if its downtown or in the inner harbor its easy to get to. There is a bus on every ferry and the main bus station is behind the Empress Hotel. There are shuttles from the ferry into downtown and to Butchart Gardens. Don't worry its easy to get into town.

Mentioned in this post
The Butchart Gardens
The Butchart Gardens
9,017 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far from ferry to hotel?

Just so you know, from the ferry terminal it is about 30-45 minutes drive to the Victoria Regent. The variation in time is based on how heavy traffic is and what time of day you might be travelling. If you do what the previous post suggests and get the bus from the ferry to the bus terminal in Victoria you will likely have to take a cab to your hotel. It is possible to walk in about 20 minutes, but with luggage that could be a hassle. There is a city transit bus that would take you into downtown Victoria from the ferry terminal, but I would go with the earlier post and get onto the Pacific Coach Line bus on the ferry. They have a desk where you go and get your ticket on the main floor of the ferry.

Mentioned in this post
Victoria Regent Hotel
Victoria Regent Hotel
1,570 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far from ferry to hotel?

Thanks very much for your replies, they are a great help.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How far from ferry to hotel?

I just thought I should add a clarification here: the BC Ferry terminal at Swartz Bay is 17 miles from downtown Victoria. I've known many visitors who were under the spectacularly false impression that the ferry from Tsawwassen (Vancouver) drops you off in the heart of the city. It does not.

If you're coming from the USA on the Coho ferry or the Victoria Clipper, then yes, you'll be dropped off in Victoria's inner harbour (downtown).

Mentioned in this post
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
United States
United States
North America
Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far from ferry to hotel?

Thanks aastra, you are completely right. We are Brits coming in to Victoria from Vancouver & YES we did think we would be dropped off at the Inner Harbour, (not literally though!!). Thanks for the clarification, K&C.

Mentioned in this post
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada