We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

discounted tickets to victoria and vancouver attractions

Toronto
1 post
Save Topic
discounted tickets to victoria and vancouver attractions

This is our first time visiting BC. We want to go to a number of attractions such as the BC Museum, Butchart Gardens, tea at the Empress, Undersea Gardes etc. but for a family of five, it adds up quickly.

Is there anywhere to get discounted tickets to the major attractions in Victoria and Vancouver?

Thanks for any advice.

Travelbug

bc_canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: discounted tickets to victoria and vancouver attractions

hi.. you could get the Entertainment Book (Vancouver edition -- which would have some Victoria Attractions also). Or if you have a CAA card... some Attractions are discounted.

If you are in Vancouver, there is a Tourism Office near Canada Place. They have "Tickets Tonight" for discount (last-minute, day of the show) Theatre tickets. The agents (at the counter) of the Tourism Office can also offer you discounted tickets.

I haven't been to Victoria for a long time, but I imagine the Tourism Office there can also help you with discount tickets.

Also, your hotel (in Victoria and/or Vancouver) could help you find discount tickets.

Also check your Victoria and/or Vancouver phonebook! ... at the front of the phonebook are some discount tickets/coupons for local Attractions.

Enjoy your trip to B.C.!!

bc_canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: discounted tickets to victoria and vancouver attractions

oh, If you are renting a car, your rental agency will usually give you a guidebook/mapbook which would have discount coupons to local Attractions.

Victoria B.C.
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
332 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: discounted tickets to victoria and vancouver attractions

Unfortunately I don't know of any coupons for the places you have listed. There is a coupon in the Entertainment Book for a meal at one of the restaurants in the Empress Hotel, but not for their afternoon tea. I've never heard of coupons for the Butchart Gardens (too bad as I plan on going out there in a few weeks to see the fireworks).

There may be coupons for the museum and the undersea gardens at the front of a phone book. I know that I've seen a coupon for the Royal London Wax Museum there.

I think that Vancouver may have a tourist "package" where you get a discount if you buy tickets to a bunch of attractions there...may find info on a vancouver tourism website...

Visit the Victoria Tourism Information Centre (on Government St-across from the Empress Hotel and above Milestones Restaurant) when you first get here, and see if they have any suggestions for you on ways to save money!!

Hope you enjoy your visit!

:)Kate

4. Re: discounted tickets to victoria and vancouver attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 06, 2009