We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided day trip to Vancouver Island

Nambour, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Guided day trip to Vancouver Island

My wife and I are travelling to Vancouver in September and we would like to do a day trip to Vancouver Island. Any suggestions on which company provides the best experience.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guided day trip to Vancouver Island

i assume you mean a day trip to victoria...vancouver island is very large. if you don't mean victoria...please be more specific. in the search box above...type in "day trip to victoria", you'll get lots of info.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,465 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guided day trip to Vancouver Island

Yes, Landsea Tours or Westcoast Sightseeing.

The day trip is about 12-13 hours long out of Vancouver. There is first a 4 hour journey, including a 1.5 hour scenic ferry ride. Then down to Vic for several hours. Off to Butchart Gardens for a couple of hours en route to Vancouver, via the ferry, arriving Van about 9:39 pm, I believe.

www.vancouvertours.com

www.vancouversightseeing.com

The ferry trip that is included is here: www.bcferries.com which will show you a ship or two. Youtube has several clips about BC Ferries to Victoria.

There will be no multiday tours around VI. It takes 6 hours to drive the length and 3 hours to drive the width. Victoria is our provincial capital so gets the focus.

Edited: 1:24 pm, February 04, 2014
3. Re: Guided day trip to Vancouver Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 06, 2015