We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Time To Visit Vancouver

houston
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Time To Visit Vancouver

I am looking to stay at Clun Intrawest in Vancouver. Any suggestions about what time is best to visit? What about times to avoid?

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Time To Visit Vancouver

Hi --

I have always liked May into June and late September - weather is usually good and the tourist burden not at it's peak but all attractions still going full tilt, except for Bard of the Beach - the Shakespeare plays under the tents in Kits - they run from the end of June until late August, I believe.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,165 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Time To Visit Vancouver

be aware that the Intravest location in Vancouver is in a wonderful area and building, but that it is in an unairconditioned building. Coming in the hotter parts of summer may keep you in an uncomfortable room. Heat is relative but most of the newer buildings have limited windown openings. They will give you a fan but I wouldn't want to be there is late July or August.

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Time To Visit Vancouver

there isn't really anytime that is better than others to come to vancouver, it all depends on what you are coming for. If you are looking for good weather late july is always beautiful, and you would be able to see the celebration of lights, the world class fireworks display.

DON'T be put off by no air conditioners. I have lived in vancouver my whole life and we have never had an airconditioner, which is the same with the rest of 2 million people that live here.

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Time To Visit Vancouver

If you have the luxury of choosing the time you visit Vancouver, it would be nice to follow 1BCTraveler's advice and go in May / June or else in September.

That said, if you are forced to visit the area in the busy summer months of July and August, don't despair. Unlike small tourist resort towns that shrink and swell with the seasons, Vancouver is a sufficiently large city that it is able to absorb its summer visitors. At least that's how I feel when I go there.

For those of us who live in Calgary, when it can still be the depths of winter in March and April, it's nice to go out to Vancouver and see the spring blossoms that arrive so much earlier there than they do here.

With the brutal summers that you get in Houston, you may prefer to escape Houston at the height of your summer and visit a place that, while it does get a summer, gets a milder one than Houston does.

Like Seattle, Vancouver has a cool, rainy winter. It is rare for the weather to stop you doing what you want to do in Vancouver. Provided you have the right outdoor gear, you can pretty much do whatever you want all year. But you do face a high probably of low cloud that obscures Vancouver's beautiful mountain backdrop. Also, in winter there are fewer hours of daylight. So, all in all, winter would not be my first choice (unless I was going to nearby Whistler for skiing).

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,370 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Time To Visit Vancouver

I agree with Judy_in_Calgary - her advice is spot on. Vancouver's winters, while definitely a lot milder than elsewhere in Canada, have such limited daylight hours that, in order to get the most out of your visit, I'd probably recommend against visiting between November and, say, February. Last night, for example, it was dark out by 5pm. Meanwhile if you were to visit in June, it would still be light out by 9pm, with twilight around 10pm!

Ideally Vancouver's it's most beautiful between April and October.

lorneville, nb...
Level Contributor
124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Time To Visit Vancouver

September. Excellent.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Time To Visit Vancouver

September would be an excellent. time.

If you're an Intrawest member as well as Great Escapes you should stay at the Sheraton Wall Centre. Within walking distance of downtown restaurants and shopping.

Chrisky

8. Re: Best Time To Visit Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 18, 2009