We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto or Vancouver in Early November?!

San Diego
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Toronto or Vancouver in Early November?!

I am deciding between visiting Vancouver and Toronto for a few days in early November. It looks like I am in between seasons for Vancouver. Which place do you recommend? I would like to do both outdoor activities and downtown city attractions.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto or Vancouver in Early November?!

Vancouver is certainly closer and early November can find a mix of weather. Our downtown area is more compact than Toronto's, much smaller so it is easier to get around. Our public transit system is pretty good and can get you from one place to another fairly fast. Here is a link to an excellent weather site, click on the link below, I have set if for Vancouver, then scroll down until you see historical weather, click on that and then you can put in any PAST date month and year to see what the weather was like. You could put in each day and month and past year eg 2013 that you are planning to visit Vancouver and get an idea of what the past weather was like. It's a great weather tool with lots of information.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,205 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto or Vancouver in Early November?!

Well of course if you post in the Vancouver forum, most people will tell you Vancouver ... and if you'd posted in the Toronto forum, everyone there would pick Toronto.

In any event, November is pretty much considered to be a grim month weather-wise no matter where you are in the country... cold, damp, grey, with little snow for skiing, and all the fall foliage gone. So that may affect your outdoor activities. certainly when it comes to those Vancouver probably has the edge on Toronto. However when it comes to city activities Toronto is far ahead.

So really it comes down to how far you want to travel, what exact type of actvities you're interested in, and whether you care about the weather.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto or Vancouver in Early November?!

I've lived in both cities - Vancouver would be my choice for outdoor activities.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,184 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto or Vancouver in Early November?!

Neither? Vancouver is at its dreariest in November, arguably the most bleak time of year to come. It is cold and grey and it rains.

November in Vancouver has the distinction of having the highest average rainfall in all 12 months, about 190 mm. or about 7.5 inches of rain, and rain on about 20 days of the month.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,946 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto or Vancouver in Early November?!

Vancouver isn't good for outdoor activities in November. It will probably be raining or at best cloudy. We might get a few sunny days.

Toronto has way better museums and art galleries plus there is the CN Tower and Niagara Falls is a easy day trip from Toronto.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toronto or Vancouver in Early November?!

When you say, "outdoor activities" what exactly are you meaning? Toronto is miles away from "outdoor activities", unless your OK with just going to city parks or walking along the boardwalk (which doesn't compare to the seawall in Vancouver).

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toronto or Vancouver in Early November?!

Although November is not a great month and rains a lot, a person who likes the outdoors will prefer Vancouver. One can do outdoor activities in the rain and it doesn't necessarily rain all day.

8. Re: Toronto or Vancouver in Early November?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 22, 2015