We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to downtown hotel from Vancouver airport

Louisiana
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation to downtown hotel from Vancouver airport

My husband and I will be needing transportation from the airport to a downtown hotel. Would it be better to take a taxi or limo? Does anyone know the price for each? Certainly would appreciate any help you can give. Thank you.

LMF
British Columbia
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to downtown hotel from Vancouver airport

Hi Loulani.

A taxi from the airport to downtown should cost you about $30 Cdn. (25US)depending on the tip you leave it could be a bit more. Limos usually have a set price and they tend to make their own price. So, one limo could be one price, another limo a completely different price. I think on average they run about $50Cdn. The taxi ride will take you about 20 minutes.

You could also inquire about the Airporter shuttle. I think it is $10 each and stops at several of the downtown hotels. The shuttle availablity would depend on the time of day you are arriving.

Go for the cab. Small price to pay for quick and conveinent service.

Hope this helps.

T.

Prince George, BC...
Level Contributor
18 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to downtown hotel from Vancouver airport

Hi Loulani,

I would definitely go with the Airporter Bus service. For $13 CDN, you can get a return ticket to and from your hotel downtown. Sure, the bus stops, but having ridden downtown in a cab, limo, and airporter bus, there may only be a few minutes difference, but a huge difference in the pocketbook.

Many of the bus drivers are very helpful seeing the majority of people they haul are tourists and not uptight stressed out business types (like myself) who are the majority of customers cab and limo drivers have to haul.

Besides, you want to save those $$$$$ to spend on Robson St.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to downtown hotel from Vancouver airport

Certainly! The price of a cab and a limo is usally the same, pending. I have taken both and because I do it so often, take the Airporter now, as it saves money. However, a cab does cost between $25 - $32 one way and a limo $35 - $45 BUT, never settle for the price they give you. I have never paid more than $32 for a limo especially if you arrive in the queue when the airport is not busy. They would rather take your $30 than hand it over to a cab. Being that they set their own prices they are flexible. Then of course tips on that.

The Airporter honestly doesnt take very long to get to downtown. The only part they stop before your hotel is other hotels in the downtown area (it takes about 15 minutes to get through them all on top of the 25 - 35 minutes to get from the airport).

Have a wonderful trip.