We have 2 families (Total 12 persons) to take the cruise to Alaska on Aug 2nd, 2014. We will fly from east coast of USA to Vancouver on July 29th. Our cruise will leave at 4:30pm, and check in time is between 12:00 to 3:30pm.
Here is my current plan:
1) Plan to browse the city on half day of July 29th and whole day of 30th. Both families have young kids (from 6 to 14), and seniors (70+). Our hotel will be Comfort Inn Downtown Vancouver on 654 Nelson Street. What is the best way from the Airport to there? By Sky Train?
2) I read that most people recommending public transportation in the city. Is that good option with families with young kids and seniors? We are interested in "Stanley Park/Englis Bay" and "Queen Elizabeth Park", as our trip is family oriented. Are these places easily accessed by public transportation? Any other recommendation for family?
3) On 31st, our plan is to rent cars and try "SEA TO SKY HIGHWAY", as it is highly suggested by other friends being there before.
4) For Aug 1st, our plan is to drive to "Victoria island" and stay there for one night. On Aug 2nd morning, we plan to leave "Victoria island" and head to the port in Vancouver. This is the part that I worry about, as it is quite far between these 2 places. If we want to catch the cruise without risks, does the above plan sound reasonable?
5) My another question is that any car rental places close to the port, so we can easily drop off the car on Aug 2nd?
It is a big trip for so many people, so please share any of you thoughts. ThanksEdited: 1:23 pm, April 28, 2014