We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shared van to airport

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
virginia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shared van to airport

My husband will be in Vancouver soon. Shared shuttle service to the Vancouver International airport seems like the best option, short of a cab, to get my husband to the airport with 2 heavy bags. Trying to maneuver them on public transport may be very difficult.

I have not found a website yet for a van service, similar to Super Shuttle, available in some cities.

Any suggestions?

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,573 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shared van to airport

Can't say I've seen this here. Possibly because transit is so easy and direct. A cab will be about $35 from most downtown hotels.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,892 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shared van to airport

there used to be one but when Canada line came in no one was using it. Taking a cab is the easiest, next best would be aerocar.ca which would be a towncar service in the $45 range.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Shared van to airport

Expect No Help of Any Kind especially if the bags look heavy and of course any tip should reflect the 'service' or lack thereof.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,957 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shared van to airport

No shared van service here, due to the start up of Canada Line, as mentioned. How heavy is heavy? If the luggage is heavy enough to create a struggle or an inconvenience, a taxi would be best. $35-40 to the airport. The airport luggage carts are free. The taxi just pulls up to the curb outside the departures level of whichever terminal you need. I'm not sure how many carts are left hanging around at the curb, some I would guess.

5. Re: Shared van to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 18, 2015