We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage on the Skytrain

honolulu
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Luggage on the Skytrain

Did not want to assume but.....is there sufficient room for luggage on the Skytrain from YVR to the Hyatt Regency on the Canada Line? Couldn't find specific information on their website or anywhere else. If it is too inconvenient to lug around 2+ pieces of luggage, we may just opt to taking a taxi. Thank you for your help!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage on the Skytrain

I take large luggage on the Canada Line train all the time. If you have bad luck and it's a time that is extra busy you might have to put it in the aisles or something but I've never had a problem, I just try to get on the train first and go to the front of the train, put the luggage in the aisle between the seats there or in front of/on a seat if there are extra seats. There are always extra seats in my experience and I take the train to and from the airport pretty frequently, but you never know :)

I definitely prefer the train to a taxi, it's cheaper and faster.

Edited: 1:02 am, February 23, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage on the Skytrain

Forgot to mention, someone else said there are some luggage areas on the train but strangely I've never noticed them, maybe someone else who knows for sure can chime in?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,385 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage on the Skytrain

Yes.

Canada Line was built with the airport in mind. Enough leg room to put a suitcase between your legs and the seat ahead. Open space galore. All that's left is how busy the train is. Depends on the day and hour you will be using it.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,051 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage on the Skytrain

Hyatt is 3 streets from Vancouver City Centre. Distance is about 5 football fields of flat sidewalk. Some folks stay on Canada Line to Waterfront and change to either Expo or Millennium Line for the Burrard platform next to the Hyatt. The Expo or Millennium Line are narrower cars with slightly less luggage room. I'd use the roomy Canada Line and walk over to the Hyatt rather than change trains. (I know that's more info than you asked.)

Edited: 6:53 am, February 23, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage on the Skytrain

Hi,

It is fine - when I go out to visit I have two big pieces of luggage, a small wheelie bag and a handbag. Not sure if it helps but have flown in on a Saturday and a Wednesday on flights that mean I am on the skytrain around 7.30/8pm and I have always had sufficient space for my luggage.

honolulu
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage on the Skytrain

Thank you all for your helpful insight and tips.....To me, one can never have too much information! My trip is not until December but all this info actually helps narrow things down for me.

7. Re: Luggage on the Skytrain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 26, 2015