We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Canada Place Cruise Terminal

Essex, England
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation to Canada Place Cruise Terminal

Our cruise ship (Rhapsody of the Seas) leaves Vancouver from Canada Place Cruise Terminal. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown pre cruise. I contacted Areocar Services to book airport and port transportation (they offer transport services downtown), and was surprised when they quoted $75 plus tax for the port transfer (one way). I'm assuming they don't really want the business, and therefore wonder whether we would have any issues booking a taxi on the day - there appear to be a number of ships leaving Vancouver on the day - as I cannot believe a taxi will be a similar rate (the hotel will probably arrange this anyway). Thank you for your assistance.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,685 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Canada Place Cruise Terminal

$12-15 by taxi for the 2 km ride from hotel to Canada Place. It will be busy but pax will be arriving at staggered times.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Canada Place Cruise Terminal

Thanks for the information - clearly they are not interested in the business despite saying they offer downtown Vancouver services - it doesn't encourage me to want to use their Airport transport service now!!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,391 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to Canada Place Cruise Terminal

Hang on. If this is a regular Alaska circuit round trip cruise Rhapsody sails from Seattle. Or is this the repositioning cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii sailing on 5 September 2014?

I agree with Mufti about a taxi.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to Canada Place Cruise Terminal

This is the last cruise before starting the Seattle Alaska Circuit - it departs Vancouver on 16 May and finishes in Seattle on 23 May.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,987 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to Canada Place Cruise Terminal

You don't need any service from the airport. Lot's of taxis for $35.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation to Canada Place Cruise Terminal

Thanks for all your assistance - transportation resolved - will use taxis from the airport and to the Cruise Ship Port.

7. Re: Transportation to Canada Place Cruise Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 15, 2015